The Housing Fund, Inc.
Director of Consumer Lending
The Housing Fund, Inc.
The Director of Consumer lending analyzes the effectiveness of the consumer lending programs operated by THF and develops methods to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of those programs, including the development of new initiatives. The information and data obtained by the Director of Consumer Lending is used in the results-based accountability framework to establish outcome measures and to positively impact leading community indicators. This position is focused on managing lending programs and services to individuals, furthering the opportunity for homeownership. This role also manages compliance and quality control, including underwriting according to program policies. The Director of Consumer Lending is a member of the Leadership team.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Primary responsibility for development of new initiatives and implementation of THF’s consumer lending programs and related policies
- Management of all consumer lending programs, including Downpayment Assistance, Shared Equity, Community Land Trust, USDA, and Home Improvement
- Development of strategies to meet established budget goals and execution of the established strategies
- Conducts internal reviews for compliance with program policies and procedures to ensure that goals and program requirements are met
- Back-up for loan origination and reporting
- Staff lead for the Program Committee
- Promote and Manage the Homebuyer Education program in the State of TN
Outreach and Resource Development –
- Makes public presentations and markets THF programs
- Assists in obtaining financial resources for THF
- Assists in the development and execution of the Strategic Plan
- Supervision Exercised – Sr. Mortgage Advisors
- Bachelor’s degree required and three to five years of experience in a nonprofit organization or
- related field or comparable combination of education and experience.
- Experience in coordination and management of diverse projects.
- Extensive knowledge of Origination, processing, and/or underwriting of residential mortgage transactions.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and process development.
- Ability to recognize common factors and trends.
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to multiple audiences.
- Ability to make timely decisions and operate effectively under pressure.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience in basic clerical skills and strong computer skills, especially Word and Excel; PowerPoint; exposure to database management, data querying and reporting.
- Passionate motivation for improving lives.
The Housing Fund offers a full range of employee benefits.
How to Apply
Please email resume and salary requirements to Angela Belcher, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com no later than January 31, 2023.
- Date Posted: December 2, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 02/01/2022
- Salary Range: $75,000-$90,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week; M-F