Director of Communications
The Director of Communications, as part of the development team, furthers the mission of Siloam by leading the organization’s external communication and branding efforts. Along with strengthening existing communication strategies, the Director of Communications manages implementation of backend communication systems that lead to savvy segmentation, conversion, and personalized communications.
The person who will best fit this role is someone who enjoys project management, consistently meets deadlines, is skilled at creating order and structure, and has a strong working knowledge of communication best practices and strategies. This person has strong writing and editing skills, and has an eye for well crafted, concise, and accurate written English. The Director of Communications will directly supervise the Content Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the process of concepting, creating, and producing key communication pieces for the organization including the annual report, email campaigns, monthly donor communications, stewardship pieces, and sponsorship packages.
- Implement a project management system to prioritize and track the progress of communication projects.
- Provide leadership to the Content Manager in order to maintain brand consistency for all communication pieces.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to establish communication and digital engagement metrics to track for the organization.
- Create and implement strategies to more than triple the organization’s digital audience and increase online revenue.
- Serve as the staff lead for the marketing subcommittee of the Board with support from the Chief Development Officer.
- Work with the Data and Donor Relations Manager to create strategic, segmented audiences and communications that lead to increased revenue for the organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work well in a team setting
Paid time off including extended illness leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance plans, and more.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at https://siloamhealth.org/careers and follow the link for the Director of Communications opening for instructions to apply.
- Date Posted: February 5, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)