Director of Communications and Marketing
The Director of Communications and marketing reports directly to the CEO and oversees internal and external communications and marketing for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works closely with executives across departments to:
a. Determine the organization’s overall communication priorities and advise on resources
b. Develop marcomms strategies and materials that support organization and mission objectives
c. Lead development of messaging and thought leader positioning for the organization
d. Develop, and update the communications plan
2. Meets regularly with development, business development, volunteer department, outreach, events, and clinical leaders to ensure marketing is integrated:
a. Agency positioning is accurately portrayed in community-facing programs, materials, events
b. Audiences are prioritized in keeping with overall agency goals
c. Advise on how to increase marketing impact
d. Collaboratively plan needed promotions, materials
3. Directs thought leader campaigns for the organization developing materials and advising on related events and outreach.
4. Creates fundraising content including appeals, special campaigns, and annual reports (digital and print).
5. Member of the DEI committee to ensure that the marketing department is up to date and can implement and report on DEI efforts.
6. Participate in the COVID task force to share information with the team and develop staff updates.
7. Manages outside agency relationships (ad, web, videography), develops strategy, and oversees content production.
8. Directs media relations: oversees PR, first media contact, media trains, and preps spokespeople.
9. Responsible for brand management.
10. Represents Alive as needed at public and partner events.
11. Participate in partner relationships to determine mutually beneficial promotions that increase Alive’s community goodwill and awareness.
12. Oversees creation of agency collateral.
13. Reviews/edits grant and award nominations.
14. Directs the agency’s social media presence.
15. Responsible for the agency’s internal/external publications print and digital (quarterly community newsletter, quarterly internal newsletter, etc.).
16. Responsible for working with executives on internal communications, keeping staff informed of company culture and news (new products, services, agency growth, and changes) as appropriate.
17. Defines key performance indicators for the team.
18. Develop presentations (as needed for NEO, Board, etc.) to educate stakeholders on messaging and campaigns.
19. Video “producer” managing internal and outsourced productions.
20. Prepares/implements crisis communications plan when needed.
21. Serves as a member of the Leadership Team including budgeting and strategic planning.
22. Serves on the COVID task force and DEI committee.
23. Develop department budget as directed in collaboration with the CEO and VP of Finance.
24. Collaborates with department heads on their budgets to determine marketing spend for the coming year.
25. Work collaboratively as a part of the leadership team for activities/issues that cross departmental supervisory lines.
26. Complete annual training in a timely manner, no later than companywide deadlines.
27. Ensure compliance with all business regulations for departments for whom direct supervision responsibilities are granted to include but not limited to:
28. Human Resource standards of practice and compliance
29. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act for security and privacy of protected health information and other related provisions
30. Compliance with Stark and Anti-Kickback statutes including but not limited to referral relationships
31. CMS and The Joint Commission standards as applicable to departments supervised
32. All other business regulations that govern Alive Hospice practices.
33. Provide input and/or direction to Human Resources policies and procedures and the performance appraisal and incentive programs to ensure that improper conduct is discouraged and that support of and conformity with the Compliance Program is part of any performance evaluation process for all employees.
34. Monitors staff compliance with appropriate orientation, staff development, in-service education, and other educational plans.
35. Participates through preparation, report writing, presentation, and presence at Board and Board committee meetings at the request of the Board and/or the President/CEO.
36. Maintain, and develop knowledge of evolving hospice and palliative care philosophy and practices.
37. Develops protocols for process management in conjunction with other departments as needed.
38. Other duties may also be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including meeting the required competencies. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university: or one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong feature writing abilities are required. A portfolio of writing samples is a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, 403(b), Short Term/ Long Term Disability
How to Apply
- Date Posted: September 7, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 09/18/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk