West End Community Church
Director of Communications
West End Community Church
The Director of Communications provides strategic oversight for church-wide communications, media and marketing. Understanding the mission, vision and core values of West End, the Director of Communications will oversee and implement the brand messaging and ensure the accuracy of its delivery by producing content with creativity and consistency. She will manage projects large and small, and must be able to coach ministry leaders to communicate effectively about their offerings in ways that engage members, regular attenders and those who are new to West End. Overall, the Director of Communications will serve in tandem with the Senior Pastor as a chief storyteller of how God is at work in and through West End Community Church.
Reports to: Director of Ministries
- Establish overall communications plan for church life, programs, events, etc.
- Coordinate and manage priorities for all major avenues of communication.
- Establish and maintain brand guidelines used by staff and volunteers.
- Serve as a resource and coach as ministry leaders plan events, programs and initiatives.
- Establish, grow and maintain a network of relevant professionals to utilize on a freelance basis.
- Provide vision, oversight and direction for any direct reports, freelance contractors and volunteers.
- Share stories about how God is at work in and through West End.
- Use photography, videography and graphic design to promote future events and capture the life of the church.
- Write compelling and engaging copy that accurately describes our vision, values and offerings.
- Produce weekly email update to congregation, oversee all widely distributed email communications.
- Maintain the West End website and social media channels.
- Produce weekly bulletin and church publications.
- Create and maintain templates for the staff to engage our congregation with clarity and brand unity.
- Fulfill communications requests and serve as a staff resource for design and creative communications.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be growing in it.
- Maintain a cooperative team spirit and positive attitude with staff, volunteers and congregation.
- Experience with branding and intra-organization communication.
- Show excellent command of English composition and punctuation.
- Possess relevant technical skills including photography, videography and graphic design. Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Exhibit personal integrity and self-motivation, including the ability to juggle assignments while maintaining a high level of quality, organization, detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage other staff, contractors and volunteers.
This is a benefit eligible position.
How to Apply
To apply, please email you resume, coverletter, and contact information to Jordan Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org. All must be included to be considered.
- Date Posted: May 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Religious
- Working Hours: Sunday - Thursday, including night and weekend events as needed