Director of Communications
As part of the development team, the Director of Communications furthers the mission of Siloam by leading the organization’s communication and branding efforts with an emphasis on donor and fundraising communications. Along with strengthening existing communication strategies, the Director of Communications manages the implementation of backend communication systems that result in smart segmentation, conversion, and personalized communications. A portion of this person’s time is dedicated to internal communication efforts for Siloam Health.
The person who will best fit this role enjoys project management, consistently meets deadlines, is skilled at creating order and structure, and has a strong working knowledge of communication best practices and strategies, especially as it relates to fundraising. This person has strong writing and editing skills, and an eye for well-crafted, concise, and accurate written English. The Director of Communications will directly supervise the Content Manager.
- Lead the creation and production of donor-focused communication pieces for the organization, including the annual report, email campaigns, monthly donor communications, stewardship pieces, and sponsorship packages.
- Implement a project management system to prioritize and track the progress of communication projects.
- Provide leadership to the Content Manager to maintain brand and voice consistency for all communication pieces.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to establish and track communication and digital engagement metrics for the organization.
- Create and implement strategies to more than triple the organization’s digital audience and increase online revenue.
- Establish and serve as the staff lead for the marketing subcommittee of the Board with support from the Chief Development Officer.
- Work with the Data and Donor Relations Manager to create strategic, segmented audiences and communications that increase the organization’s revenue.
- Serve as the staff contact for Siloam’s branding and direct mail partners.
- Supervise the content manager’s efforts as it relates to social media.
- Oversee the development and implementation of Siloam’s internal communication efforts, including working with key staff to establish effective internal communication channels and rhythms.
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Willingness to serve persons with limited access to healthcare and who are from different cultures and faith beliefs
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work well in a team setting
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Siloam offers a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, life and long-term disability coverage, paid-time off, and participation in a retirement plan after one year of employment.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at siloamhealth.org/careers to find the link to apply. While there, browse to learn more about our Christian faith-based primary care clinic, our mission, and our core values.
- Date Posted: May 31, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $63,000-$68,000 per year