Nashville Public Library Foundation
Director of Communication and Marketing
Nashville Public Library Foundation
The Nashville Public Library Foundation (NPLF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which raises money through private donations to support and enhance the programs, facilities and collections of Nashville Public Library. Founded in 1997, NPLF has raised $50 million to advance the impact and reach of NPL programs and initiatives. For more information, please visit www.nplf.org.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the execution of communication and marketing strategies that support the Foundation’s mission of raising funds and increasing community support for Nashville Public Library.
The Director must regularly exhibit creativity, efficiency and strong communication skills in a collaborative team environment, to enhance and protect the organization’s brand. The Director of Marketing and Communication reports to the NPLF President.
- Create an annual marketing and communications plan that supports the goals of the fundraising staff and raises the visibility of the Foundation in the community.
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral, including but not limited to, the NPLF annual report, monthly e-news, brochures, donor communications, invitations to special events and impact reports for funders. Design capabilities a plus.
- Work with NPLF leadership team to make sure all external communications are in one brand voice – including website, sponsorship proposals, talking points, presentations, press releases and publications.
- Develop and maintain photographs, videos and graphics that represent the Library and Foundation’s work.
- Develop and regularly publish web and social media content that clearly articulates the Foundation’s story, advances its message, elevates issues of importance to the Foundation and highlights funders and their work.
- Oversee development and production of all materials for NPLF’s major fundraising events – the NPL Literary Award weekend (Patrons Party, Public Lecture and Gala), Picnic with the Library, Carnegie Society Book Club and String City.
- Engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage of NPLF programs, events, sponsor/donor recognition and public announcements.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationship with the Library’s marketing team, adhering to the NPL/NPLF Marketing Agreement and oversight of joint vendors and/or contract employees.
- Manage the Foundation’s relationships and financial contracts with graphic designers, printers, consultants, marketing agencies and other marketing-related vendors. Share vendor contracts and agreements with NPLF President for approval and signatures as needed.
- Assist with developing and maintaining the annual marketing budget, which includes separate budgets for special events. Submit invoices in a timely manner.
- Strong background in fundraising strategy, communications and Nashville’s non-profit community
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of WordPress and Mailchimp
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator and InDesign
- A highly collaborative style with an ability to manage a variety of key initiatives concurrently and in partnership with staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants and other supporters
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to effectively interface with senior leadership
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Five to seven years of marketing experience, ideally within a complex nonprofit entity
Benefits include health insurance, disability, 401k match, PTO and paid holiday leave.
How to Apply
NPLF is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff. We will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements, along with a writing sample of an appeal letter or other fundraising messaging you have created to email@example.com. Calls regarding the position will not be accepted. Applications are accepted until March 15, 2021.
- Date Posted: February 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk