Project Transformation Tennessee
Director of Church & Community Engagement
Project Transformation Tennessee
About Project Transformation:
At Project Transformation Tennessee, we envision a world rooted in love, pursues the equity of all people, and amplifies God’s call on every life.
Project Transformation Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having traditionally marginalized, underrepresented voices at the center of our work. We welcome all individuals to apply and are eager to expand our organization to reflect the diversity of our community.
You will provide vision and direction to the development, implementation, and evaluation of church and community engagement programs. You will cultivate and nurture relationships that will impact community change.
Your creativity and entrepreneurial outlook will be used to create spaces for individuals and teams to develop mutual goals and a roadmap for deepening the relationships between churches and communities.
- You will partner with Project Transformation’s host churches to actively engage in understanding the changing needs and assets of the neighborhood and greater community.
- You will serve as a liaison to PT Connect Teams, collaborating with host pastors, lay leaders, and community members.
- You will identify opportunities for new host church relationships, evaluate current host church relationships according to set criteria, and coordinate the host church application process. You will coordinate training to equip host churches for partnership and service.
- You will lead efforts in connecting conference and community resources to host churches to meet community needs
- You will work closely with the program team to find ways of better connecting the program and host churches to parents with children participating in Project Transformation’s program
Your positive and generative spirit will be necessary to develop and nurture relationships with partner churches, individual and group volunteers, schools, community groups, businesses, and any other group that may support the ongoing growth and mission of Project Transformation.
- You will cultivate relationships with 70-plus partner churches to recruit volunteer and financial support.
- You will manage a vibrant volunteer program through pre-screening, scheduling, training, coaching, recognition, and retention that equips and empowers people to participate in the mission.
- You will establish and maintain corporate and company relationships through company volunteer days, sponsorships and partnerships.
- Your programs must identify, evaluate, and coordinate all aspects of partnerships with a focus on radical hospitality.
Your attention to detail and your ability to think strategically are necessary as you assist in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, budgets, policies and procedures. The responsibilities in this realm include: maintaining accurate records of staff, supplies, inventory, purchase card expenditures, and general budget management.
Your interpersonal and presentation skills are utilized as you prepare and deliver presentations; attend community meetings, conferences, and seminars. You may be required to work weekends, evenings, and travel out of town for extended days.
Your adaptability and proactive attitude are important in handling a variety of other matters as they arise.
- Master’s Degree in Theology, Social Work, or a related field, with 5 years of relevant experience in pastoral ministry, social work, or community development.
- Knowledge, experience and interest in church polity and structure, particularly the United Methodist Church
- Strong project management skills balancing long-term planning with day-to-day operations.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board of directors, staff, and diverse community partners.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan, and paid leave.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter by January 10, 2022 to Sarah McCormick (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Date Posted: December 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 45,000-50,000