The Next Door
Director of Admissions
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Provide leadership to the Admissions staff and oversee the referral and lead process. Set the tone and example of compassion, empathy, efficiency and a sense of urgency in the department.
Primary Responsibilities include the following:
- Business Development:
- Work with Business Development staff to promote and maintain relationship between the facility and the outside community.
- Develop strategies and work with Business Development staff and Admissions team to maximize admissions of clients requiring care.
- Admission Process:
- Supervise and Oversee operations from initial client contacts through admission.
- Proficient at creating and supporting systems that maximize work flow for the department.
- Provide oversight and training to staff on assessing perspective patients for treatment, identifying psychosocial, mental health and medical issues.
- Measures all staff on sales metrics and creates performance improvement plans for deficiencies.
- Work in collaboration with other Directors, Managers and departments to ensure cohesiveness and a seamless admission process.
- Establish admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and patient-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Enhance patient care delivery system by fostering admissions function interface with the nursing, medical staff and other professional staff, including the clinical team, developing and implementing bed reservations, financial, reimbursement, and other supporting systems.
- Identify current and future patient admissions requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Conduct admission screening of potential patients; determine level of care, services required, equipment needs and insurance coverage, as indicated.
- Authorize acceptance of patients and coordinate admissions with Medical and Clinical staff as well as other appropriate staff, confirms financial approval.
- Answers intake calls as necessary to cover for staffing deficiencies.
- Budgets and Reports:
- Ensure timely delivery of daily census reports and monthly month-end reports to Executive team and other stakeholders.
- Oversees documenting and tracking pre-admission referral activity on the Daily Census Log.
- Ensure that computerized census system is updated daily; maintain an accurate record of available beds.
- Train and supervise Admissions staff, including Admissions Specialists, Intake Specialists, Clinic and Client Coordinators, Transportation Specialists and Front Desk Receptionists. Co-supervise the Admissions Nurse along with the Director of Nursing.
- Reviews staff schedules, monitors staff productivity and coordinates training for staff.
- Ensures accurate and complete data is entered into the EHR system.
- Participates in all relevant functional quality and operations meetings.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts.
- Coordinate and participate the admissions on-call process as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business management, social work or counseling or other related fields required. Master’s degree and license preferred. At least 3 years experience in the health care industry preferably in leadership. Experience working directly with clients with substance abuse and mental illness required. Experience in managing an Intake/Admissions team.
- Possess proficient computer skills Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in data analytics and forecasting.
- Valid Driver’s license.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Actively contribute to the Purpose: We exist to empower women for lifetime recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential, at all times.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times.
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
BCBST health insurance; Teladoc; Employee Assistance Program; 401K retirement plan with partial matching; Paid Time Off; six paid holidays; professional development time.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to submit your resume and complete an application.
- Date Posted: November 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk