Nashville Rescue Mission
Director, Major Gifts
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is seeking to fill the position of Director of Major Gifts. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Development and is a member of the Development Team. Charged with developing strategies and building relationships to secure major gifts and fundraising projects, the Director of Major Gifts will be expected to focus on the continuous improvement of current relationships, as well prospect, secure, and steward gifts of $2,500 or more. It will also support the development of the Mission’s planned-giving program.
- Actively manage key relationships with donors to sustain and upgrade giving levels of $2,500 and above.
- Solicit the portfolio of donors for major gifts, sponsorships, campaign gifts and planned gifts.
- Perform meaningful connections with the donors in the assigned portfolio regularly.
- Create donor acknowledgement letters, lead letters, and other promotional materials supporting development and fundraising efforts.
- Speak on behalf of Nashville Rescue Mission to corporations, churches and outreach event, as needed.
- Provide tours of the Mission for donors and participate in the monthly “I Had No Idea Tour.”
- Exhibit a working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or the CRM and maintain donor records in that database.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Development Team.
- Attend and provide support for all fundraising events.
- Expertise and Excellence– This person will serve as key member of the Development Team responsible for idea generation, strategic planning, and fundraising campaigns with other development leaders.
- Campaign Leadership– This gifted leader will have the natural ability to energize relationships and create stronger partnerships with donors and the Mission.
- Mature Faith– We are seeking a leader of deep personal faith, in agreement theologically with Nashville Rescue Mission. The right leader will have the ability to think and act decisively with purpose and integrity.
- Implementation Leadership– This person will possess the ability to implement a fundraising strategy and plan for the short and long-term success of the Mission.
- Inspirational Communicator– The Mission’s next Director of Major Gifts will need the natural ability to create fully-inspired engagement building internal and external relationships.
The successful candidate will have personal warmth that invites trust. She/he should be a spiritually mature Christian who is able to work with a wide range of people. She/he should have a high energy level and a readiness to take on a significant challenge. The purpose of Nashville Rescue Mission should energize this person.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required, along with at least five years’ experience in major gift fundraising. This is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation commensurate with skills and experience and includes benefits.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community. To apply, click Careers and upload your resume or you may send your resume to HR@nashvillerescuemission.org.
- Date Posted: May 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Religious