Director, Fund Development
The Director of Fund Development is responsible for developing, implementing, and directing a fully functioning comprehensive fund development program that identifies, cultivates, and solicits gifts from individual donors, churches, and foundations. Creates and grows a planned giving initiative, cultivating prospects over time. Manages the development of solicitation, recording of gifts, and reporting of charitable contributions. This position leads to the building of a substantial financial donor base.
- Works with the General Secretary, Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer, Board of Directors, World Service Core Team, and staff to help identify the agency’s fundraising needs and to strategize and develop plans to meet those needs. Upholds the mission/vision of the Discipleship Ministries in all areas of accountability. This position will require up to 50 percent travel.
- Manages the development of solicitations and appeals. Ensures a broad base of donors for specific and general ministry needs. Keeps the GS, World Service AGS, and CFO informed of opportunities for major gifts. Builds an annual development plan and sets annual monetary goals by monitoring and analyzing fundraising data, and working with the Research and Evaluation Team. Ensures that effective and timely appeals are presented to appropriate prospective donors.
- Uses Salesforce to establish and maintain an effective internal and external communication process in partnership with the Marketing and Delivery Team that heightens the awareness of and support for the ministries of Discipleship Ministries. Ensures board members, staff members, and potential and actual donors understand the value and effectiveness of the work of Discipleship Ministries and solicits their financial support.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- Mastery of fund development strategy including the ability to provide significant training to executive-level staff. Four to six years of experience in fundraising, preferably within a faith-based setting. Demonstrated successful track record of developing and executing broad fund development strategies in a complex organization.
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Agency Related Travel Insurance for Staff
- Retirement/Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick, Bereavement and Personal Leave
- Tuition Assistance & Training and Development Opportunities
- Fitness Center Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Free Parking
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity please send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
Discipleship Ministries is an Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V EOE.
- Date Posted: October 30, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Religious
- Salary Range: $67,000 - $75,000 Based on Experience
- Working Hours: Full Time - Remote Position