My Friend's House
Direct Care Staff
My Friend's House
My Friend’s House is a Level 2 boys home that has been serving at-risk boys in Franklin and middle Tennessee for over 30 years.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who enjoys working with teenage boys; who is compassionate but firm. The confidence to work independently and the ability to multi-task are critical. My Friend’s House is seeking candidates who can successfully build relationship with at-risk teenage boys, while maintaining a safe and stable environment and boundaries.
The position offers flexible hours and shifts to fit in with other job and school commitments. We are hiring for all shifts both full and part-time positions are available, specifically 2nd and 3rd shifts. Starting wages will be based on experience, and begin at $12-13/hour.
– Provide daily care and direct supervision for up to 8 boys, ages 13-17, at all times.
– Follow and enforce house and program rules at all times.
– Participate fully in planned activities/programming, full mobility required.
– Follow DCS safety regulations, policies and procedures.
– Dispense medication, as needed, training provided.
– Solve problems and issues as they arise, be able to ‘think on your feet’ using common sense.
– Conduct random room searches.
– Complete shift paperwork, incident reports and standard forms in a timely manner and as required.
– Must be 21 years of age
– Must have a valid TN driver’s license, vehicle insurance and reliable transportation
– Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
– A knowledge of child development and trauma-informed care is also preferred, but NOT required
– Must be able to pass a criminal background check and fingerprint search
– Must be able to complete approximately 40 hours of PAID pre-service training
– Some holiday shifts are required
Time and a half for holiday shifts.
How to Apply
Please send resume to email@example.com and specify if you are interested in:
~ overnight shift (10 pm – 6 am) You are required to stay awake for this shift.
~ weekend day shifts (hours/shifts vary)
OPEN INTERVIEWS WILL BE SET EVERY THURSDAY. HOURS WILL VARY, BUT TYPICALLY WILL BE 10 AM – 2 PM. CALL BEFORE COMING TO THE OPEN INTERVIEW OR TO SCHEDULE A TIME IF UNAVAILABLE DURING THE OPEN INTERVIEW TIME SLOT.
- Date Posted: March 9, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 03/23/2020
- Salary Range: 12.00 - 13.00 per hour
- Working Hours: various