Digital Strategy Leader – AmeriCorps Member
Hands On Nashville
The Digital Strategy Leader (Leader) participates in a yearlong term of AmeriCorps service (1,700 hours) supporting Hands On Nashville’s (HON) mission to meet community needs through volunteerism.
HON strives to build capacity for its community partners by connecting volunteers to every available project shift. To bolster these efforts, the Leader uses analytics and digital marketing tools and best practices to cultivate strategies that optimize content and improve user experiences and engagement across all of HON’s digital communications platforms.
The Leader serves as part of a 23-person cohort of civic-minded AmeriCorps Members who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities.
- Performs an in-depth audit of HON’s digital communication channels, platforms, and user experiences and reports on findings
- Collaborates with Director of Communications and Community Relations Coordinator on strategies for optimizing content and improving user experience and engagement across digital channels
- Engages with Community Partner Program team to optimize performance of individual project posts on hon.org with the ultimate goal of filling every available volunteer slot
- Spearheads strategies for improving hon.org and blog SEO, paid social media strategy, website experience (mobile and desktop), and more
- Tracks website, social media, and email newsletter engagement using analytics tools and prepares reports
- Conducts research and delivers recommendations for process improvement
- Represents HON to community partners and volunteers to build and maintain relationships
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience using social media platforms, email marketing platforms, and digital analytics tools
- Knowledge of SEO and paid social media advertising best practices
- Able to carry out tasks independently as well as thrive as part of a team
- Energized by learning and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 17, 2020-August 8, 2021)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizenship
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
HON does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or other factors which deny the essential humanity of all people.
- Living allowance of $17,000, paid bi-weekly throughout the term of service
- Education award of $6,095, applicable to student loans and/or future education expenses at an accredited institution, upon fulfillment of service obligations
- Healthcare coverage, if elected
- Childcare benefits, if eligible
- Professional development training and ample networking opportunities
How to Apply
Apply online at my.americorps.gov.
For more information, please contact:
HON builds capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through support from the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
- Date Posted: May 14, 2020
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/17/2020
- Working Hours: 35-40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm