Digital Marketing Manager
Position Overview: The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for providing oversight of digital marketing strategy, including website, email, and digital advertising, with the goal of meeting or exceeding goals for ticket revenue, paid attendance, audience growth, and patron retention. The Nashville Symphony’s marketing strategy is centered on understanding our patrons and building lifelong relationships with them, driving revenue to achieve long-term organizational growth.
- Plan, build, test, deploy and monitor dynamic, informative, attention-grabbing, and effective email campaigns for the marketing team. Support Communications team in deployment of institutional and fundraising emails as needed.
- Optimize the organization’s use of its email service provider Prospect2, including automation capabilities. Assist Marketing Analyst and database team with Prospect2 list management on an as-needed basis.
- Evaluate email performance metrics and provide timely reporting to internal stakeholders. Communicate what types of content and design are most effective in driving sales.
- Create and execute a plan to grow the Nashville Symphony’s email marketing database through acquisition and lead generation campaigns.
- Develop best practices for email campaigns across the entire organization, staying on top of evolving industry standards. Provide feedback on all Nashville Symphony email campaigns to guarantee the best results.
- Working in collaboration with Marketing and Development teams, develop best practices, policies and procedures for managing contacts in the Prospect2 email database.
- Work closely with the Marketing, Communications, and Development departments to maintain an integrated and strategic cross-departmental email calendar and to execute targeted email audience segmentation strategies.
- Support revenue and audience goals by providing strategic counsel and direction on website design, content and functionality.
- Add content and make updates to NashvilleSymphony.org using Umbraco CMS, with assistance from the Communications team. Ensure that all content meets SEO best practices and supports a streamlined customer experience.
- Analyze and monitor website analytics, sharing insights on a regular basis.
- Spearhead site experiments using Google Optimize (or similar tools) and suggest improvements to enhance user experience.
- Serve as the primary contact for the external third-party web agency on matters related to maintenance and upgrades for NashvilleSymphony.org.
- Work closely with the Ticketing and Customer Team Manager responsible for managing TN Express Web™ (TNEW), the Symphony’s e-commerce platform, to understand and improve the online purchase path.
Paid Digital Campaign Responsibilities
- Execute all paid digital campaigns (social media, Google Ads/Grant) and ensure alignment with audience and revenue goals, utilizing content created by the Digital Content Coordinator and Communications team.
- Identify new digital advertising opportunities that align with ticketing goals, and make recommendations to the Director of Marketing.
- Improve conversion rates and optimize campaign results by identifying and implementing testing methodologies.
- Act as the primary contact for external third-party digital advertising vendor (Capacity Interactive).
- Assist Director of Marketing in managing budgets for digital initiatives and activities.
- Measure and report on paid digital performance. Share results with Marketing and Communications teams to increase awareness about what types of content drive ticket and donation conversions and generate engagement.
- Serve as a marketing department representative at concerts and events, as part of an overall rotation (requires night and weekend hours approximately 3-4 times per month)
- Embrace the Nashville Symphony’s commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, and actively support the organization’s mission to welcome and serve everyone in our community.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience in marketing, digital, business, public relations, or relevant field.
- At least four years of professional experience across email, website, and digital marketing responsibilities, including launching, managing, and monitoring consumer-facing campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deep knowledge and experience using an advanced email marketing platform.
- Expert knowledge with reporting platforms, social media marketing software, and online applications, including Umbraco (or similar website CMS), Google Analytics, Meta Business Suite and ActiveCampaign.
- Proficiency in HTML and MS Office, with proficiency in CSS a plus.
- Must have work experience proving attention to detail, efficiency, confidentiality, and ability and willingness to assume responsibility and work independently.
- Must exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to perform as part of a team and work effectively under deadlines.
- Familiarity with music, arts, entertainment, sports or non-profit industry strongly recommended.
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability and flex spending
- Paid parking
- 14 paid holidays / two weeks PTO (10 business days) / 4 personal days
- 403(b) match
How to Apply
Apply at https://smrtr.io/97jnr
- Date Posted: May 19, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture