YMCA of Middle TN
Digital Content Specialist
YMCA of Middle TN
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, under the direction of the Digital Content Manager and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, the Digital Content Specialist plays an integral role in helping the organization maintain a high-quality digital experience and fulfill its other marketing and communications goals and objectives.
- Models the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Models and puts into practice behavior that supports inclusion and diversity.
- Serves as one of the primary people responsible for overseeing and supporting the online presence and digital communications needs (including e-mail marketing and other channels as required).
- Helps ensure that all assigned digital properties (i.e. sites and apps) are effectively maintained, have up-to-date content, follow digital best practices, and provide the best user experience possible.
- Supports the tracking of website analytics and metrics of assigned digital properties, with a particular focus on user experience and feedback.
- Drafts, designs, publishes, and tracks the performance of all email marketing and other marketing communications activities needed to fulfill the assigned marketing and communications objectives.
- Helps support and maintain all required content/editorial calendars and project management systems to ensure the Association’s websites are accurate and timely.
- Performs content production, web design/layout, and other duties as required to fulfill the Association’s digital priorities and objectives.
- Helps ensure the Y’s digital properties and communications adhere to the Association’s diversity and inclusion standards, particularly as they relate to image selection, accessibility, and portrayal of diverse audiences.
- Supports the planning and execution of the Association’s other digital, marketing, and communications as needed/directed.
Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
An enthusiastic personality with the desire to serve members, volunteers, guests, participants, and staff to create a culture of service within our Centers
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Must present a professional image possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- A “publisher’s mindset” with an audience-first approach to creating content and communications
- Demonstrated experience managing content and production for a professional website (e-commerce experience a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with email marketing, social media, and related marketing communications channels
- A self-starter with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- General knowledge of HTML, and CSS and experience working with popular content management systems (Drupal CMS is a plus).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- A strong attention to detail, especially when under tight deadline pressures.
- Experience with popular project management software, such as Asana, Trello, Microsoft Planner, or Basecamp.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices and concepts is a plus.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Experience writing/editing content to align with brand voice/messaging standards.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must present a professional image, possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs, as well as the ability to use most office equipment, is required. Excellent Excel skills, particularly with email list management, are a plus.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Digital Media, or a related field preferred.
Benefits package including generous paid time off
Participation in Y Retirement plan and 403 (b) savings account upon eligibility
Free membership at all 14 wellness center locations
Discounts on youth programs, summer camps, and sports instruction
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply today!
- Date Posted: August 23, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $52,122 - $65,152 , Depending on Experience
- Working Hours: Typical Full Time Business Hours