YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Digital Content Manager
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
THE Y: WE’RE FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—work to bridge the gap in community needs by nurturing the potential of children and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors. Simply put, the Y is for everyone. Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, under the direction of the Director of Marketing Technology and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, the Digital Content Manager plays an integral role overseeing the organization’s day-to-day digital operations, with a particular focus on content strategy, website maintenance, search engine optimization and user experience. This position is directly accountable for helping the Y fulfill its brand promise through effective digital content strategies and project management systems and processes to provide a quality digital experience for all of the Y’s key stakeholders.
- Models the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Model and put into practice behavior that supports inclusion and diversity.
- Serves as the managing editor of the Association’s website properties.
- Ensures that all internal- and external-facing sites and apps are effectively maintained, have up-to-date content, follow digital best practices and provide the best user experience possible.
- Supports the execution of the Association’s content marketing and email marketing strategies as needed.
- Oversees the work product of any internal or external content producers, web designers or other team members assigned to maintain or update the Association’s digital properties.
- Builds and maintains all required editorial and project management systems required to ensure the Association’s websites are accurate and up-to-date.
- Performs regular audits of the Y’s websites for content quality control purposes.
- Serves as a project manager for all content-focused digital projects and initiatives.
- Serves as an in-house expert on digital content strategy, search engine optimization and user experience.
- Applies quantitative and qualitative research and analytics to make effective content strategy and user experience decisions.
- Produces online and offline content as needed.
- Performs content production, web design/layout and other duties as required to fulfill the Association’s digital priorities and objectives.
- Ensures the Y’s digital properties are adhering to the Association’s diversity and inclusion standards, particularly as they relate to image selection, accessibility and portrayal of diverse audiences.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks and multiple deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs, as well as the ability to use most office equipment is required. Excellent Excel skills, particularly with email list management, are a plus.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Digital Media or a related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience managing content and production for medium-to-high traffic web site (e-commerce experience a plus).
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of HTML and experience working with popular content management systems (Drupal or Backdrop CMS are a plus).
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with popular project management software, such as Trello, Microsoft Planner or Basecamp.
- Familiarity with marketing automation and/or middleware software such as Power Automate and Zapier.
- Familiarity with webform building software such as Cognito Forms.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices and concepts, such as structured data, site mapping, and Open Graph.
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Experience writing/editing content to align with brand voice/messaging standards.
- Experience using data/web analytics (including user feedback) to optimize the site’s content and user experience a major plus.
For more information about working for the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, please visit ymcamidtn.org/careers.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply now!
- Date Posted: June 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 07/19/2021
- Salary Range: Pay Range: $1,668 - $2,085 per pay period, depending on experience (26 pay periods per year)
- Working Hours: Typically M-F, Schedule to meet business needs