TennGreen Land Conservancy
Digital Communications Coordinator
TennGreen Land Conservancy
HISTORY: Founded in 1998, TennGreen Land Conservancy is Tennessee’s oldest accredited statewide land trust. We empower communities and landowners to protect crucial natural areas that support diversity of life, inspire appreciation of nature, and spark action to protect the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the land that sustains us all.
Fueled by a Strategic Land Conservation Plan and a transformative bequest, TennGreen has recently invested in strategic opportunities that will allow us to protect more land. Currently, leadership is focusing on expanding staff capacity and expertise, which has already positively impacted our ability to engage members through outreach and education. The end goal is always to increase TennGreen’s conservation impact across Tennessee, and this is an exciting time to join our team!
In kind, TennGreen is searching for a dynamic, engaged, and energetic addition to its communications team; an adventurous spirit with a passion for nature and engaging others with the natural world.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Digital Communications Coordinator will work alongside and report to the Communications Manager and Director of Communications. Together, this team will amplify the work and impact of TennGreen to a broad audience of community members, coalition partners, stakeholders, volunteers, funders, members, and policymakers.
The core responsibility of this position is digital media, which takes many forms. Our ideal candidate will thrive within the following:
- Crafting content for and engaging with a strong social media following on a daily basis. The more forms of digital storytelling you enjoy, the better!
- Assisting with developing and distributing compelling, informative, and engaging copy and collateral for all digital media: Website, newsletters, etc.
- Assisting with creating and executing a digital marketing strategy, which will ideally include crafting new relationships that can aid TennGreen’s mission of conservation (through social and digital media).
- Assist with creating and executing strategic communication touchpoints focused on the recruitment and retention of members.
- Monitor analytics, develop key measurement strategies to ensure consistency in reporting and analysis across digital touchpoints, and generate monthly and quarterly reports that include KPIs, analysis of the results, recommendations for improvement, and a forecast of future trends.
- Identify needs and key opportunities for growth in audience, engagement, website traffic, and conversion that align with the goals outlined in TennGreen’s strategic plan.
- Joining in outdoor events, gatherings, and opportunities as needed/desired.
- Other duties as requested, including on-site event assistance (we all pitch in together).
- 2+ years of previous experience in a paid Marketing/Communications role. Nonprofit experience is preferred but not required. Social media passion and expertise are a major plus.
- Experience creating engaging, impactful content for social media, email campaigns, and digital advertising.
- Proficient in the use of software including WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Mailchimp, Canva, social media platforms & management software.
- Solid knowledge of website software, digital tracking, and SEO
- Experience using analytics platforms such as Google Analytics to collect, organize, and deliver relevant analytics reports and actionable insight
- Experience in analyzing A/B or multivariant testing and personalization initiatives (MailChimp, etc)
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Knowledge of and passion for Tennessee, conservation, and land conservancies is a significant plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Design experience (Canva preferred)
- Excellent listening skills
- Collaborative spirit
- A sense of humor
- Creative and trendy
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Life-long learner
Travel throughout the state is required; a shared company vehicle is available. Occasional weekend and evening work.
The Salary Range for this position is $40,000 to $45,000, based on experience. TennGreen offers generous benefits including a 401k matching program, flex time, a health insurance stipend, and opportunities to enroll in health, dental, and vision insurance programs. Tuition reimbursement is also available.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and samples/portfolio to email@example.com with the Digital Communications Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls or visits, please.
- Date Posted: October 24, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 12/04/2023
- Salary Range: $40000-$45000
- Working Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm