DG PENCIL Box Satellite Store Coordinator
PENCIL’S VISION AND CORE COMMITTMENTS:
PENCIL exists to create a world where Metro Nashville Public School (MNPS) students and teachers have equitable access to resources and opportunities, empowering students to succeed now and in the future. We will do this by creating a community that respects the unique perspectives and experiences of all stakeholders through proactive listening, continuous learning, and tireless advocacy for every student.
Our work is guided by the needs of MNPS, is student centric, and is achieved through intentional partnerships and tangible engagements.
As the PENCIL team, we will:
- Be collaborative and inclusive —By encouraging conversations that amplify and uplift the voices of all students and communities, especially those marginalized by inequitable systems.
- Act with transparency and integrity — By striving to continually educate ourselves, intentionally recruit and retain diverse staff and stakeholders, and encourage everyone to share their authentic perspectives and experiences to our work.
- Demonstrate kindness and gratitude— By valuing the unique experiences that each student, staff, and community member bring to our work.
The Satellite Store Coordinator will operate the Antioch satellite store at Haywood Elementary by keeping regular store hours for teachers to shop. The Antioch location will operate most Mondays and Wednesdays throughout the school year. The coordinator will ensure that the store is stocked with supplies and that all teachers have a quality experience with great customer service. Additionally, this position is required to complete data entry of all distributed supplies.
- Work in partnership with Director of the DG PENCIL Box to ensure that the DG PENCIL Box operates smoothly Mondays and Wednesdays throughout the school year
- Maintain a fun and friendly shopping environment; keep store organized and clean
- Ensure store is fully stocked during all shopping periods; manage inventory of DG PENCIL Box site
- Manage volunteer(s) during shopping times
- Oversee that all teachers are recording what they take and ensure accurate counts of distributed product
- Work with Manager of DG PENCIL Box to request more inventory as needed and help transport and unload
- This job profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks required, it is to provide a general description of essential job responsibilities.
PENCIL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- EDUCATION – High School diploma
- SKILLS –
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Ability to work independently
- EXPERIENCE –
- Retail/Customer Service (Preferred)
- CONFIDENTIALITY – ability to manage sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner as outlined in PENCIL’s Confidentiality Policy
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance
WORK SCHEDULE & HOURS:
Monday’s 2:00-6:30, Wednesday’s 2:00-6:30 as scheduled. Flexible hours for moving supplies from main warehouse on occasion. On average 6 dates a month and around 30 hours/month.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should apply using the following link: https://pencil.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=22&source=aWQ9MjM%3D
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions about this position.
- Date Posted: July 18, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 08/22/2022
- Salary Range: 20/hour
- Working Hours: M & W 2:00-6:30PM