First Steps, Inc.
First Steps, Inc.
Are you someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of children and families?
Do you want to live your passion for helping children with special needs, watching them learn and achieve their goals?
Does it make your day to put a smile on the face of a child and their family, teaching them both ways to turn learning into fun and joy?
Do you naturally join forces with parents and your team to supply them with the best support possible – because you know that a child can never have too many allies?
If all those questions are a loud ‘YES’ – you might just be the Amazing Developmental Therapist, we are looking for…
First Steps, Inc. is one of the leading early intervention agencies in the State of Tennessee and has been around for over 50 years. We are very proud to work with a talented and committed group of Therapists and Teachers and we are currently looking to bring a new Developmental Therapist onto our team.
As a Developmental Therapist you will have the chance to work in homes supporting children with a wide range of diagnoses, along with their families. We do this in a fun and rewarding environment where people come together to help children and families thrive – as they meet goal after goal! At First Steps we believe every child deserves a great start.
Developmental Therapist Responsibilities
- Work alongside families and assist children (ages 0-3) with developmental delays or disabilities in their homes, childcare center, hospital, or any other environment that is natural to the child.
- Support families and caregivers by educating and counseling them as they and their child learn and grow.
- Collaborate with service coordinators, teachers, and other therapists on the team to achieve optimal outcomes for the child.
- Record and maintain documentation of services and contacts within set timelines.
- Work with families from various cultures, backgrounds, and languages.
Proof of a valid driver’s license and valid auto insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Special Education, Early Childhood Education, Child and Family Studies (child development), Early Intervention, Deaf Education, Visual Disabilities, Special Education K-12, Elementary Education, Communication Disorders and Speech Language Pathology along with experience with young children and/or individuals with disabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Nursing, Psychology, Education Administration or Sociology along with a minimum of 3 years of experience with children with disabilities (0-5 years old) and their families
- Salary based on experience and education
- Flexible schedule
- Mileage reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Insurance options
- Paid vacation, sick leave and select holidays
How to Apply
Email resume to Kelli Jo Hazen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: July 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $35,600-$36,600
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk