The Next Door
Development Support Specialist
The Next Door
The mission of The Next Door is to provide a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
The Development Support Specialist will be responsible for providing administrative support to the development staff, which will support fundraising annual goals/plans in addition to providing oversight and coordination of all volunteer screening, data management, and scheduling.
- Input all donations via check into Donor Perfect donor database.
- Send thank you letters via email or mail to donors on a weekly basis.
- Provide monthly reconciliation among Donor Perfect and QuickBooks records to ensure that development reports are accurate for annual fundraising goals.
- Provide support for grant applications and other funding requests.
- Track all outcomes needed for grant applications and other documentation.
- Coordinate quarterly outcomes tracking meetings for Clinical, Medical and FRC departments.
- Order all supplies for fundraising events and track expenses vs. department budget.
- Compile monthly expense reports for Development department staff.
- Assist with outreach to corporations for event sponsorships.
- Assist in planning minor monthly fundraising events.
- Aid in obtaining silent auction items.
- Find new contacts in Nashville Business Journal and other news sources for potential board members, potential donors, potential volunteers, etc.
- Provide internal and external event support, including room reservations, processing check requests and day-of logistical help to ensure each fundraiser runs smoothly.
- Maintain all donor data in Active campaign.
- Order printed supplies for Development, Marketing, and Operations departments.
- Manage YouTube channel, TND Venmo, and minor website updates (posting blogs, posting news articles about TND, adding new photos, checking for SEO keywords, etc.).
- Complete monthly tracking of social media analytics.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Receive and manage volunteer applications.
- Respond to all volunteer inquiries for both group and individual service opportunities.
- Develop and update volunteer service descriptions, volunteer manuals, volunteer evaluation forms, and other documentation as required by licensure.
- Work closely with HR to ensure all volunteers are background checked and cleared before serving on-site.
- Maintain volunteer schedule, database, records, and electronic volunteer tracking tools to monitor volunteer engagement.
- Ensure volunteers utilize Volgistics to track service hours.
- Enter service hours in Volgistics for one-time and group volunteers.
- Respond to inquiries and oversee non-cash donations, including clothing donations and ensure they are stored in the appropriate places in the facility for clients’ use.
- Run monthly reports of volunteers and service hours for annual reporting.
- Ensure volunteers sign all paperwork and receive appropriate training required by our accreditation body on an annual basis.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, communications, or similar field
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Administrative skills (including data entry, maintaining calendars, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills including e-mail, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
To be successful in this position, the Development Support Specialist must be effective in administrative skills as well as engaging with the public, to articulate volunteer opportunities and the overall mission of The Next Door. The ideal candidate will be strong in relationship building, organizational tasks and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Paid time off
How to Apply
To apply, go to www.thenextdoor.org, under the careers tab. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: April 7, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services