The Next Door
Development Support Specialist
The Next Door
Job Title: Development Support Specialist
Reports To: Director of Development, The Next Door
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
The mission of The Next Door is to provide a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
The Development Support Specialist will be responsible for providing administrative support to the development staff, which will support fundraising annual goals/plans in addition to providing oversight and coordination of all volunteer screening, data management, and scheduling.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Input all donations via check into Donor Perfect donor database.
- Send thank you letters via email or mail to donors on a weekly basis.
- Provide monthly reconciliation among Donor Perfect and QuickBooks records to ensure that development reports are accurate for annual fundraising goals.
- Provide support for grant applications and other funding requests.
- Track all outcomes needed for grant applications and other documentation.
- Coordinate quarterly outcomes tracking meetings for Clinical, Medical and FRC departments.
- Order all supplies for fundraising events and track expenses vs. department budget.
- Compile monthly expense reports for Development department staff.
- Assist with outreach to corporations for event sponsorships.
- Assist in planning minor monthly fundraising events.
- Aid in obtaining silent auction items.
- Find new contacts in Nashville Business Journal and other news sources for potential board members, potential donors, potential volunteers, etc.
- Provide internal and external event support, including room reservations, processing check requests and day-of logistical help to ensure each fundraiser runs smoothly.
- Maintain all donor data in Active campaign.
- Order printed supplies for Development, Marketing, and Operations departments.
- Manage YouTube channel, TND Venmo, and minor website updates (posting blogs, posting news articles about TND, adding new photos, checking for SEO keywords, etc.).
- Complete monthly tracking of social media analytics.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Receive and manage volunteer applications.
- Respond to all volunteer inquiries for both group and individual service opportunities.
- Develop and update volunteer service descriptions, volunteer manuals, volunteer evaluation forms, and other documentation as required by licensure.
- Work closely with HR to ensure all volunteers are background checked and cleared before serving on-site.
- Maintain volunteer schedule, database, records, and electronic volunteer tracking tools to monitor volunteer engagement.
- Ensure volunteers utilize Volgistics to track service hours.
- Enter service hours in Volgistics for one-time and group volunteers.
- Respond to inquiries and oversee non-cash donations, including clothing donations and ensure they are stored in the appropriate places in the facility for clients’ use.
- Run monthly reports of volunteers and service hours for annual reporting.
- Ensure volunteers sign all paperwork and receive appropriate training required by our accreditation body on an annual basis.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, communications, or similar field
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Administrative skills (including data entry, maintaining calendars, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills including e-mail, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in CRM (i.e., DonorPerfect, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce)
- Canva or Adobe Acrobat experience preferred
To be successful in this position, the Development Support Specialist must be effective in administrative skills as well as engaging with the public, to articulate volunteer opportunities and the overall mission of The Next Door. The ideal candidate will be strong in relationship building, organizational tasks and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to provide a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat clients and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, clients, diagnoses, group discussions, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
BCBST Insurance-4 options offered, 1 of which are HSA-eligible and include an HRA
Teladoc paid at 100% by TND
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) paid 100% by TND
Long-term disability paid 100% by TND
Short-term disability available to purchase
Ability to participate in TND’s 401k retirement plan, after a 6-month waiting period (with free financial advisor assistance as desired). TND provides a partial match to employee contributions.
$25,000 Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment policy paid 100% by TND
Paid Time Off (PTO) earned per pay period; accrual up to 120 hours earned in the first year
Seven paid holidays per year plus one floating holiday
How to Apply
To apply, visit thenextdoor.org/about-us/careers or click on the link below.
- Date Posted: December 8, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 12/26/2022
- Salary Range: Starting at $40,000 DOE
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week