Tennessee Justice Center
Full-Time Position | Based in Nashville TN
For over 27 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with Tennessee families and helping them access the basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our mission?
We are looking to hire a Development Specialist to process donations and gifts, help grow our prospective donor list, and assist with fundraising campaigns and activities to meet our annual financial goals. If you are very organized and pride yourself on accuracy with strict attention to detail, this is the position for you.
A typical day might look like:
- Processing donations made through our website, by check, and other means.
- Accurately record donor information, gifts, and other information in our donor database
- Maintain clean and up-to-date donor records to ensure effective communication
- Respond to donor inquiries about gifting to the TJC
- Draft “thank you” notes to donors for gifts under $100
- Work with the Development Manager to identify potential new donors and partners and support the implementation of strategies to expand our donor base
- Provide support as directed by the Development Manager with annual fundraising campaigns and activities
- Assist in the planning and coordination of fundraising events to raise community awareness and meet fundraising goals
This position might be for you if:
- You are super organized and obsessed with the details
- You have dogged determination and superb time management skills
- You are self-motivated but enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment
- You think creatively when engaging potential donors
This position is even a better fit if:
- You have graduated from a college or university
- You have at least two years of professional work experience in a non-profit or small business
- You have a strong working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or an equivalent donor management platform
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits, including paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plan contribution, and high-quality medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To Apply: Send us your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Specialist” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about the Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.
- Date Posted: November 10, 2023