End Slavery Tennessee
End Slavery Tennessee
ESTN is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization. Adopted by ESTN at its founding, the Mission, Vision and Values describe who we are and the beliefs which animate our actions. Compulsory agreement with this statement is not a condition of employment. We hire and appoint persons who are committed to our mission to promote healing of human trafficking survivors in an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. The mission of End Slavery Tennessee is to promote healing of human trafficking survivors and strategically confront human trafficking in our state. We are an agency focused on professional excellence. The work environment will focus around an inclusive team – all working towards the mission, value and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development (DoD)
· Support year end giving initiatives and oversee tax summary statements
· Steward current donor relationships and cultivate new funding relationships with but not limited to businesses, foundations, governmental, faith institutes and individuals as assigned by DoD
· Assess and tailor donor engagement with the organization to meet the donor’s objectives, consistent with the needs of the organizations
· Send accurate and timely receipts and thank donors appropriately and promptly
· Oversee and maintain the donor database (Network for Good) including gift entries, community surveys, gifts in-kind, portfolio maintenance, prospect reporting, pledges, campaign pages and thank you and appeal templates
· Draft and edit funding appeals for individuals and foundations as assigned by the DoD
· Implement stewardship strategies including crafting language in post event communications, donation thank you letters and emails, record videos, call donors and draft monthly hands of hope thank you email
· Ability to speak in front of small and large audiences and provide community trainings to businesses, church groups, professional groups and others as needed
· Support special events including agency event fundraisers and first point of contact for third party fundraisers
· Oversee annual in-kind campaigns including outreach to individual and groups to meet goals
· Oversee monthly donor program (Hands of Hope) including but not limited to communications (social media posts, emails, newsletters, video scripts and recordings, mailings, etc.) for annual monthly giving campaign, implementing monthly stewardship strategy for current subscribers and increasing new monthly donor subscribers
· Cultivate a donor pipeline and define prospect list (50-75) to meet individual and agency fundraising goals
· Manage annual thank-athon strategy and implementation
· Review applications and support third party fundraisers and peer to per fundraising
· Work with Grant Writer to submit timely applications assigned in portfolio and oversee grant portfolio maintenance for Development Staff
· Oversee annual Development Gantt chart, record minutes for department meetings, and schedule meetings for Development team as needed
· Support all campaigns and fundraising goals with an individual annual fundraising goal
· Complete all other assignments as required by the DoD
The office is also on the grounds of the Care Center where you will interact with survivors of human trafficking day to day. This issue is sensitive and complex. Every employee is trained in trauma-informed and strength-based approaches in order to connect with and build appropriate and encouraging relationships with survivors. We strive to create a completely judgement free work environment. Empathy, compassion and ability to deal with difficult situations is a must for anyone who works at End Slavery Tennessee.
Work is carried out primarily in an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, walking and some light physical activity. Most work is performed while sitting and using the computer, phone and engaged in face-to-face conversation with staff and/or clients. Some car travel and use of personal vehicle is required. The work expectations will include some work at the ESTN offices along with some work from home opportunities.
Full-time, 8am-4pm (willing to work some evening and weekend hours, as needed). Some travel may be required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience required
· Preferred proven experience in securing $2,500+ contributions
· Minimum two years experience preferably in nonprofit or sales
· Experience working with donors and C level executives and not intimidated to ask for donations
· Proficient computer skills required, including: Excel, Outlook, Windows
· People-oriented with demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust with diverse populations
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages
· Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors, donors and organization as a whole
· Fast learner, ability to problem solve and capacity for hard work
· Valid Tennessee driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance and access to reliable personal transportation
· Sense of humor and overall positive attitude about life
· General knowledge about the issue of Human Trafficking and End Slavery Tennessee is a must!
1. Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
2. A background check is required.
3. Covid Vaccine not required for this position, but strongly recommended as the agency works with a high-risk population.
· Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
· Cellular telephone provided
· $150.00/ month for therapy
· 120 hours PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
· 96 hours sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
· 13 paid holidays
· 4 floating holidays
· Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance
· Employer 403b match up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions. Eligible after 6 months of employment.
How to Apply
CONTACT INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY:
· No phone calls accepted for this position.
Phone: (615) 806-6899
Fax: (615) 806-6994
**End Slavery Tennessee recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.**
**All employees and visitors of the organization are required to wear a mask. All client-facing employees and Interns must be fully vaccinated or request for medical or religious exemption by January 1, 2022.
- Date Posted: September 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Salary Range: $40,000.00-$46,000.00
- Working Hours: 40 Hours/Weekly