The Shalom Foundation
Mission of Organization: The Shalom Foundation exists to bring healing and hope to vulnerable children in Guatemala by demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ and providing free, life-changing medical and surgical care.
Purpose of Position: This position plays the primary role in program, development, and administrative aspects of the organization within the framework of the mission, vision, and values of The Shalom Foundation and at the direction of the President and Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with President to develop long- and short-term fundraising goals
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential donors, corporations, and foundations
- Work in conjunction with the President in the management of existing and cultivation of future major donors
- Oversee the research and writing of grant proposals for foundations and corporations
- Manage the content for website, social media, newsletters, campaigns, and direct donor correspondence
- Identify, develop, and coordinate special events
- Work with Guatemala Executive Team to team to ensure an organized, pre-planned, standardized, and collaborative approach to mission trips
- Must be a believer of Jesus Christ
- Steadfast commitment to and passion for the Foundation’s mission, vision, and values
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to and meet all deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship skills; ability to work well with others, be open, flexible and maintain positive and encouraging attitude
- Proficiency in computer applications (Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Some local and international travel may be required.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Disclaimer: This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those essential job duties. Position responsibilities include all other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Email resume and coverletter to email@example.com
- Date Posted: February 13, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/24/2020
- Working Hours: M-F, flexible hours