Hope for Haiti's Children
Development Officer, Southeastern Region
Hope for Haiti's Children
Hope for Haiti’s Children (HFHC) is seeking a Development Officer for the Southeastern U.S. Region (TN, KY, AL, FL, GA, MS, NC, SC). This individual will be responsible for building key relationships with individuals, churches, corporations, and foundations in the region, resulting in strengthening and growing the donor base and meeting planned financial goals.
Goals & Expectations
- This position is a highly visible, externally facing role and the candidate must have a proven track record of excellence and integrity throughout their career.
- The individual must also share a strong commitment to the organization’s mission as stated in HFHC’s Mission Statement; share the beliefs expressed in HFHC’s Statement of Faith, and be an active member of a local church that aligns to the same beliefs.
- Develop and implement programs that include a complementary focus on prospecting and tactics to build key relationships with individuals, churches, corporations, and foundations.
- This position reports to the President with frequent collaboration with the Vice-President and Board of Directors.
- In alignment with HFHC’s strategic plan, develops and implements short and long-term efforts to meet or exceed fundraising goals for the region. This includes initiatives for the growth of congregational financial support and engagement, individual donor gifts, and foundation/corporate grants.
- Manages prospective and existing donor engagement in the region — pursuing opportunities to engage new donors and increase giving from existing donors. This includes leading periodic prospective donor trips to Haiti when security considerations permit.
- Responsible for meeting attendance goals and net revenue at all corporate HFHC events in the region.
- Works collaboratively and creatively with staff to appropriately position development opportunities and integrate marketing messages in publications, grant submissions, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2+ years of increasing responsibility in non-profit development with a track record of success.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and/or Certified Development Executive (CDE) certification is preferred.
- Engaging and excellent communicator orally in both public and private settings, as well as in written proposals/materials.
- Servant-leader with a collaborative win/win mindset.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of HFHC’s mission and the ability to articulate the transformative impact of HFHC donors’ efforts on children’s lives.
- Willingness to travel during the week and on weekends to make presentations to congregations and leadership groups (mission committees, elders, etc.) in the region.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Extreme discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
- Has strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Is detail-oriented and has the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Is a strategic thinker with a mind for non-profit development campaigns.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: January 13, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 04/01/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm