TennGreen Land Conservancy
TennGreen Land Conservancy
TennGreen Land Conservancy (formerly the Tennessee Parks & Greenways Foundation) empowers landowners and communities to protect large, connected natural areas that support diversity of life, inspire appreciation of nature, and spark action to protect the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the land that sustains us all. Founded in 1998, TennGreen is the oldest, accredited statewide land trust in Tennessee.
Fueled by a Strategic Land Conservation Plan and a transformative bequest, TennGreen Land Conservancy has recently invested in strategic opportunities for growth to protect more land. This ambitious plan will require significant funding. Throughout the past five years, TennGreen leadership has increased its focus on expanding staff capacity, expertise, and professionalism. This growth in staff capacity has positively impacted the ability to engage more members through outreach and education and increase our conservation impact across Tennessee. This is an exciting time to join this team.
TennGreen is seeking an experienced development officer who is passionate for conservation of our natural treasures and ready to take TennGreen to the next level. Reporting to the Associate Director, this position will manage a qualified portfolio of current and potential leadership donors and will focus on acquiring gifts at or above $1,000 and upgrading current donors. The position will capitalize on the prospect research and prospect management work by the Development Manager and will complement the work of an additional gift officer. Annual Goals will be set in conjunction with assigned prospects and the needs of the organization.
This position will have a direct impact on TennGreen’s reputation among members, sponsors, and other donors, as well as the financial and operational performance of the organization. Persistence, authenticity, inquisitiveness, persuasiveness, flexibility, and a positive outlook are necessary for success in this role.
PURPOSE: Drawing from research and using good listening skills, identify donor interests and align them with organizational funding priorities to acquire major philanthropic investments for TennGreen Land Conservancy.
- Cultivate, solicit, steward, and retain a portfolio of individual, corporate, and foundation major gift prospects
- Conduct excellent donor interactions and communications
- Achieve mutually-agreed-upon fundraising goals, including renewals, upgrades, and acquisition
- Identify and prioritize key actions for the Executive Director and Board of Directors to take in engaging with current and potential donors. Manage and support execution of meetings, events and correspondence, etc.
- Support the Executive Director in managing the Board of Directors fundraising efforts and donor stewardship including:
- Attending and participating in board meetings
- Liaising with board members on specific development projects or activities and corresponding with board members as needed
- Engaging and deepening the development work of the Board of Directors
- Supporting the Board Development Committee to strategically grow the board
- Create an annual plan to be integrated into the annual fundraising plan, including expected asks income projections, and events or activities to support those requests
- Thoroughly understand the role of TennGreen Land Conservancy’s work in the Tennessee community, including understanding the strategic vision and current needs, and keep current with trends in conservation
- Assess corporate and foundation philanthropy in the Tennessee landscape to inform goals and strategies; stay on top of trends in philanthropy as well as local and regional issues
- Assist with the execution of annual fundraising events, including the Spring Fling annual dinner, the Hike-a-Thon, and Tennessee Treasures Society events
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5+ years of successful fund development experience in face-to-face fundraising
- Experience working in Nashville and/or Tennessee highly preferred
- CRM Software Experience, Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Proven track record of setting and achieving ambitious goals
- Strong Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite products, Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, and social media
- Licensed Driver
- A knack for influencing others toward outcomes through sophisticated relationship management
- Exceptional listening skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Strategic thinking
- A sense of humor
- Confidential, diplomatic, and discreet
- Ability to think big, generate ideas, and implement solutions to complex problems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A life-long learner
- Grace under pressure
Travel throughout the state is expected; a shared company vehicle is available. Occasional weekend and evening work.
The Salary Range for this position is $60,000 to $65,000. TennGreen offers generous benefits including 401k matching program, flex time, a health insurance stipend, and opportunities to enroll in health, dental, and vision insurance programs.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Alice Hudson Pell, Associate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15 with Development Officer in the subject line. No phone calls or visits, please.
- Date Posted: June 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 08/01/2021
- Salary Range: 60000-65000
- Working Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm