Center for Youth Ministry Training
Development & Marketing Director
Center for Youth Ministry Training
Objective: Responsible for managing CYMT’s fundraising efforts and planning, overseeing, and implementing CYMT’s external and internal marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities.
Supervision: Reports to the Executive Director
Hours/Compensation: Full-Time (40 hours per week), compensation based on experience
The Center for Youth Ministry Training equips leaders and communities of faith to develop innovative, effective, and theologically informed ministries so youth may experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ, leading to identity and purpose. The CYMT accomplishes this mission through three primary initiatives: the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry, in partnership with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary; Theology Together; and the Innovation Laboratory. CYMT was created in 2006.
- Maintains oversight and actively participates in all fundraising activities including major giving, grants, special events, direct mail appeals, corporate partnership initiatives
- Serves as a public representative of the organization, cultivating relationships with community members, including prospective volunteers, donors, and supporters to build awareness of and commitment to CYMT’s work
- Leads the organization’s efforts to build and maintain donor relationships
- Develops strategies for existing and prospective donors to effectively move them through a meaningful cycle of giving
- Oversees the development, submission, and retention of grant requests for funds from private foundations, corporations, and churches
- Informs potential donors of the special needs of the organization, and encourages individuals, corporations, and foundations to establish or contribute to special funds through endowments, trusts, donations of gifts-in-kind, or bequests, conferring with attorneys to establish methods of transferring funds to benefit both donors and the organization
- Maintains accurate donor records and giving history
Marketing & Communications Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Sr. Directors develop and implement an integrated external strategic communications plan to advance brand identity, broaden awareness of programs and services, increase the visibility and priority of programs among key audience groups
- Manages, evaluates, and implements marketing plans including promotional calendars and new product introductions while ensuring strong internal communication on marketing progress
- Cultivates a consistent voice for CYMT across multiple platforms including, but not limited to social media, website, digital advertising, email marketing, and print collateral.
- Collects stories from partner ministries, residents, staff, and alumni and develops communication strategies that share these effectively across channels.
- Develop focused marketing initiatives, in conjunction with Executive Director and Program Directors, to support each program’s goals and needs, while keeping a consistent message for the organization
- Ensures the development of branding, core messaging, and organizational identity
- Oversees and implements communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public
- Reviews all print and digital marketing media
- Manages copy changes and updates to CYMT-owned websites, as well as edits and approves new articles and blog posts
- Develops and manages relationships with designers, consultants, and other suppliers including contract negotiation
- Ensures communication materials support CYMT’s goals to reach and support diverse communities of faith and leaders
- Evaluates and report on the success of marketing efforts through analytics and data tracking
- Approves the posting of all social media content. Can work with social media scheduling software to schedule content in advance.
- Regularly researches best digital marketing practices, stays on top of trends and updates, and can discern what practices work best for CYMT audiences and our platforms.
- Manages marketing and communication budget
- Implements HubSpot marketing tools within all communication channels and strategies
- Ensures that marketing files, images, and videos are organized and accessible to staff on our shared drive.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications
- 5+ years of proven experience in communications, marketing, strategic planning, team, and project management
- 5+ years of development experience working directly with volunteers and donors
- Commitment to join our team’s diversity, equity, and inclusion journey
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- High competence in project and stakeholder management
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible in a growing and fast-moving environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Keynote, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign), and Social Media web platforms
- Google Drive proficiency is preferred
- HubSpot proficiency is preferred
- Bloomerang or similar donor software proficiency is preferred
- Asana proficiency is preferred
Benefits for Full-Time employees:
- Flexible schedule with remote work options.
- Paid Vacation, and personal, and professional development days. Employees who work 40 hours a week are eligible for 15 vacation days a year, 12 personal days per year, and up to 10 days per year for professional development activities.
- Holidays include New Year’s Day; Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day & Thanksgiving Friday, and December 24 through January 1 every year.
- Replenishment plan eligibility for soul care after 6 months of employment.
- Health insurance option
- 2% cash benefit retirement contribution
- Remote worker stipend for remote employees
- Staff development opportunities
How to Apply
Please submit your application which will include a resume and cover upload at www.cymt.org/job-opening
- Date Posted: August 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/01/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk