Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Development Manager. The successful candidate will lead an integrated approach to fundraising and external communications at Conexión Américas. This position helps to advance Conexión Américas’ mission by sustaining and expanding our community of supporters and fostering relationships with corporations, civic groups and individuals that result in long-lasting goodwill and financial support for our mission. The Development Manager directs and coordinates special events, targeted meetings, communications, comprehensive direct mail/email campaigns and related projects.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Marketing and Development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Director, Director of Marketing & Development, Senior Director of Strategic Growth, and Fundraising Committee of the Board of Directors to:
- Create and implement annual giving campaigns, donor prospect research and communication, donor data management, and long-range fundraising plans to increase corporate, foundation, and individual giving
- Plan and execute special events including annual fundraisers such as Cafecito, Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration & Awards Ceremony,
- Manage fundraising and friend-raising events
- Plan and coordinate messaging and activities to create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization and raise awareness of issues critical to our mission.
- Represent Conexión Américas (including attending events and presenting to groups) to build and strengthen relationships with local companies, civic groups and individuals to build partnerships and expand our supporter base.
- Manage affinity groups to maximize engagement, including our young professionals network, women’s group, Board of Ambassadors, and others.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing & Development to coordinate and implement communication activities and press strategy, to ensure they are aligned with fundraising campaigns and messaging.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other position at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a cooperative environment.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, external relations, communications or related field
- Proficiency in Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel and managing data
- Exceptional written, oral communications and public speaking skills
- Ability to effectively build and nurture relationships with diverse individuals
- Capacity to be a “tough-minded optimist,” always acting to solve problems with energy and a positive attitude required
- Self-motivated, well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility, creativity and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively
- Command of Spanish language preferred, but not required
- Must pass background check
Option to enroll in Short-term Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off Package
Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply
Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org. Please submit cover letter, resume and references to Sara Del Castillo, Director of People & Culture, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
- Date Posted: February 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 03/15/2020
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk