Project Transformation Tennessee
Project Transformation Tennessee
Project Transformation’s mission is to transform communities by engaging children, college-age young adults, and churches in purposeful relationships.
We are a small and mighty team that works together collaboratively in support of Project Transformation’s mission to transform communities by engaging children, college-age young adults, and churches in purposeful relationships. We expect our team members to be problem solvers and self-starters who are organized, methodical, and detail-oriented. We work independently but depend on each other to be successful. You will report to the Director of Development.
Project Transformation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to having traditionally marginalized, underrepresented voices at the center of our work. We welcome all individuals to apply and are eager to expand our organization to reflect the diversity of our community.
Position Summary: In collaboration with the Development and Advocacy Team, the Development Manager will oversee grant writing and the donor database and support the organization’s funds development activities. The Manager will provide strategy and coordination of fundraising events, including procuring sponsors, driving attendance, and managing logistics.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of all fundraising efforts organization-wide, ensuring that the financial needs of the organization are met.
- Leads logistics and execution of all fundraising events, including the Benevon-based annual Partners in Transformation Luncheons, Giving Tuesday, Golf Tournament, and The Big Payback; this involves planning as well as highly detailed and organized project management and execution. Procures corporate sponsors and mobilizes volunteers.
- Assists in individual donor cultivation and stewardship, including young adults, alumni, and peer-to-peer giving strategies.
- Maintains donor database to ensure that information is accurate with up-to-date gift history, contact details, and other relevant data. Records incoming revenue and donations. Provides regular reporting to the Director of Development. Generates and sends timely acknowledgment letters and regular correspondence with donors.
- Identifies and researches new potential funders organization-wide. Obtains, reviews, and interprets grant guidelines to determine the alignment of our mission with grant goals.
- Develops an annual calendar of prospective grant submissions.
- Develops grant proposals and letters of inquiry to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Drafts compelling grant reports in compliance with grantor guidelines and deadlines, working in partnership with program staff as necessary.
- Maintains and updates organization profile on giving platforms.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of successful special event or marketing experience
- A commitment to Project Transformation’s mission
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience with writing/research and grant writing is a plus.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical insurance (health, dental, and vision), a retirement plan, and paid time off.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Carrie Sherrill at email@example.com by December 2nd.
- Date Posted: November 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 37,000-40,000
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm