The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee
The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Manager (DM) works closely with CEO and Senior Management to create and implement a comprehensive annual fundraising plan to meet the goals of the organization. The DM has responsibilities for major aspects of a multi-channel annual giving programs. With primary focus on building and maintaining positive relationships with individuals, foundations, and corporate donors, the DM is responsible for developing a stewardship plan that includes appropriate gift acknowledgement and recognition, researching and writing special grant requests, and the development of corporate sponsorships.
The DM works closely with the Communications and Marketing Team and Donor Services in creating, implementing, measuring, and evaluating the success of all messaging, marketing, and fundraising. Other duties include special projects as assigned.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with CEO, Controller and Senior Manager – External Relations (SMER), DM develop The Elephant Sanctuary’s multi-channel annual fundraising budget
- In collaboration with Communications, Marketing and Development (CMD) Team create and implement strategic fundraising messages, annual calendar of activities, and develop fundraising materials as needed
- Oversee the development of the creation of organization’s Annual Report
- Manage and grow portfolio of relationships with donors and foundations
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards individual, foundation, and corporate giving.
- Manage and maintain ongoing communications with new and sustaining donors
- Create, format, and edit web content for campaign on digital fundraising platforms, as needed
- Track success of campaigns via Google Analytics
- Work closely with SMER and CMD Team in nurturing established relationships and actively pursuing new alliances and corporate sponsorships to maximize The Sanctuary’s visibility
- Research and prepare initial grants and manage grant reports as required
- Monitor the monthly progress of annual giving results compared to financial goals, meeting established annual targets
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
In collaboration with the CEO, Controller, SM-ER, and the Communications, Creative Marketing, and VIP Managers, DM helps to develop and implement fundraising strategies to meet organization’s short and long-term fundraising goals and objectives.
- Primarily sedentary work. Must be able to sit / stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, English, Marketing, Business, or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a relevant fundraising role with proven knowledge of strategies.
- Focused, strategic thinker; results-oriented
- Time management skills, meeting deadlines and teamwork are essential
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships
- Skilled at on-line campaigning
- Experience with Capital Campaigns
- Experience in personally soliciting $2,500+ gifts
- Working knowledge of Donor Perfect or similar gift tracking software
- Experience with digital fundraising platforms (i.e., Givecloud)
- Basic knowledge of email marketing platforms, and Google Analytics needed
- Familiarity with Google Workspace Suite preferred
- Familiarity with Foundation Search and/or Donor Perfect is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Must possess excellent public relations skills, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills which transcend diverse audiences
- Demonstrated motivational and problem-solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission
PTO, paid holidays, paid sick time, EAP program, 401K with 3% match, medical, dental, vision, supplemental insuraces (critical illness, life and accident), short term disability and life
How to Apply
send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HumanResources@elephants.com
- Date Posted: July 26, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Salary Range: depends on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk