Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Tennessee
Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Tennessee
Approximately 50% of this role is dedicated to data management (around both Resource Development and member management). This includes exporting and analyzing outcome data for grant reports, under the direction of the Chief Development Officer. The Development Manager also works with the CDO on grants management – including but not limited to writing grant applications, submitting monthly financial reimbursements, and completing grant progress reports. The remainder of this role is devoted to ensuring the successful execution of the organization’s various fundraising initiatives by providing administrative support for the Development Office. This individual will work closely with the Chief Development Officer to execute bulk mailings, produce marketing materials, produce gift receipts using the donor management system, help coordinate details for fundraising events, and other tasks as assigned.
1. Set up new programs in MyClubHub member tracking system at the start of each membership period, i.e. beginning of the school year and beginning of the summer.
2. Assist with BGCA’s annual National Youth Outcomes Initiative survey administration. Work with the Club Services Director to prepare materials for each site and train program staff on survey administration procedures as needed.
3. Set up internal youth surveys at the start of each school year. This includes enrolling all eligible youth into the appropriate surveys. Create new surveys as needed. Facilitate and track survey administration by program staff at each site.
4. Pull reports to identify missing/incorrect data in the member tracking system and communicate with program staff to get it completed or corrected quarterly.
5. Become proficient in all aspects of MyClubHub, and take ownership of database maintenance and accuracy (cleaning data). Work with tech support to resolve any issues or questions that may arise.
6. Create training materials on MCH procedures, lead staff trainings on the system, and serve as a resource for Club staff in regards to MCH questions and troubleshooting issues.
7. Update the organizational scorecard monthly or as requested by the CEO and/or CDO. Add additional metrics and make changes as requested.
1. Export data from MyClubHub member tracking system into Excel databases as requested. Reformat and manipulate Excel spreadsheets to analyze data and produce charts and graphs for grant reports.
2. Work with Chief Development Officer to complete financial reports for all reimbursable grants by the 10th business day of the month (LEAP, 21st Century grants) or monthly/as requested (OJJDP grants) by the CDO.
3. Complete yearly applications and quarterly progress reports for the organization’s government grants (LEAP, 21st Century, OJJDP) to ensure the continuation of these funding sources.
3. Assist Chief Development Officer with the research of new funding prospects and the preparation of grant reports and grant applications, as needed.
4. Ensure all grant outcomes are being met, under the guidance of the Chief Development Officer, and pull reports to check progress on program attendance entry, completion of grant required programs, TN ELAP attendance entry, school grades, surveys, etc. Enter grant outcome data into reporting systems when needed.
1. Accurately log gifts and enter donor information in the donor management system. Manage the donor database and ensure accurate data. Become proficient in all aspects of the system and be able to generate reports for the Development Staff and Board of Directors as needed.
2. Generate thank you letters, gift acknowledgements, and pledge reminders. Ensure timely recognition of all gifts within 48 hours of receipt.
3. Execute mail merges to produce annual campaign letters, donor newsletter mailing labels, and other communications.
4. Assist Development Staff with the production of donor newsletters, brochures, event invitations, and other publications. This can include gathering stories and pictures, obtaining media release forms, assisting with design in Publisher and other tools, etc.
5. Execute bulk mailing procedures for the organization’s bulk mailings (newsletters, holiday cards, etc.).
6. Assist the Chief Development Officer with the creation of mass marketing email blasts in Constant Contact, as requested.
7. Assist with all tasks as needed to execute our fundraising events. This includes, but is not limited to: maintaining spreadsheets to track progress on securing sponsors and auction items, producing letters to request auction items, picking up auction items and supplies around town, tracking RSVPs, producing thank you letters, coordinating speakers/photographers/guest talent, event set-up and tear down, working duties as assigned at events (includes evening and weekend hours), and other responsibilities as needed to support the Board and Development Staff in executing a successful event.
Assist with other responsibilities as needed to help support the day-to-day operations of Boys & Girls Clubs and the Development Team.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent attention to detail. Typos in donor thank you letters or mistakes in grant reimbursements can cost the organization much-needed funds. This role requires the utmost ability to produce accurate, thorough, mistake-free work even through repetitive processes.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint skills required. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. Thorough understanding of Excel formulas and formatting, and mail-merge techniques in Word will be needed to perform job functions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills and internet research skills. The successful candidate must be resourceful and able to generate solutions to challenges independently.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute.
- Strong general computer skills. Must be able to quickly learn and master databases and new software programs.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of similar professional experience.
- Background or experience in fundraising/development preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, and other parties.
- Must be trustworthy and able to maintain donor confidentiality. Must adhere to strict standards to uphold ethical nonprofit gift solicitation, acceptance, and utilization practices.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Sitting: Must be able to sit in office chairs a minimum of 60% of work time in order to successfully perform the work responsibilities.
Transportation: Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to occasionally use personal vehicle to pick up items or travel to sites in the Maury/Giles County area.
- Paid vacation and sick leave (10 days of each annually, increases to 15 days of vacation leave upon 5th year of employment)
- Holiday pay (New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day)
- Health insurance (company pays 50%)
- Dental/vision insurance (employee pays 100%)
- Life insurance
- Simple IRA (company matches employee contributions up to 3% of annual salary)
- Long term disability (company pays 50%)
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to Chief Development Officer Lauren La Porte at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- Date Posted: October 13, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 37,000-40,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk