Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Responsible for developing fundraising events or programs that will ensure financial growth by executing CFF best practices in compliance with CFF policies and procedures. Provides coaching and mentoring to assigned staff. May be assigned direct reports and/or participate in performance reviews. Carries out responsibilities in a manner that supports a collaborative, donor centric culture. In all aspects of their role, the Development Director strives to deliver quality results in a manner that is respectful and supportive of others and to help build a strong team environment that fosters creative and innovative ways to improve the lives of those with CF and their families.
- This position reports to the Associate Executive Director, the head of office for Nashville.
- Overall chapter strategy and planning is led by the chapter’s Executive Director in Knoxville.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature.
- Work nights and weekends as necessary to attend meetings and events.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and ability to travel to meetings or events at different locations.
- Use of computer required.
- Some heavy lifting may be required.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for revenue of assigned line which would typically include a minimum of 2 priority events or campaigns as well as additional responsibilities and programmatic initiatives.
- Develops fundraising plans and budgets designed to achieve growth over prior year
- Launch new events, campaigns, initiatives and/or programs as requested.
- Works strategically to ensure key fundraising best practices are followed and key performance benchmarks are achieved.
- Serves as a chapter role model for maintaining a consistent sales appointment calendar.
- Shares successes and best practices among volunteers.
- Engages in continuous long and short term revenue planning.
- Identifies, recruits/renews, and cultivates/stewards new and veteran corporate sponsors, committee members, team leaders, honorees, chairs, and volunteers for assigned events/campaigns/initiatives.
- Identifies prospective board members and individual donors.
- Ensures good volunteer placement, ongoing training, holds volunteers accountable to agreed tasks and delegates assignments to recruited volunteers on an on-going basis.
- Cultivates volunteers and recognizes their successes and achievements.
- Communicates national volunteer engagement opportunities.
- Renews and works to deepen engagement of participants, committee members, community members and sponsors.
- Networks with the greater chapter community as well as CF families, patients, volunteers, major donors and corporate sponsors to identify and recruit new business.
- Recruits, trains, manages and cultivates fundraising honorees/participants, team leaders, and committee members.
- Partners with Executive Director to identify potential board members.
- Identifies and assists with cultivation of prospects for Individual Giving, chapter events/campaigns and regional/national corporate participation.
- Develops sponsorship proposals and negotiates volunteer/corporate “best fit” for the organization.
- Conducts in partnership with key leaders, corporate recruitment events and post event wrap up and evaluation meetings.
- Plans, implements, and attends events and meetings.
- Seeks underwriting, in-kind donations and auction items for assigned events.
- Can have responsibility for onsite chapter event cultivation plan, show flow, bid/auction execution, speaker recruitment, etc.
- Organizes frequent community engagement opportunities to help inform prospective and current volunteers about the CF Foundation’s mission, fundraising events, programs and services.
- Communicates about CF Compass and its multifaceted service opportunities to key leaders, event participants, care team members and CF community members.
- Works in partnership with CF community members to ensure that those impacted by the disease play an integral role in the organization.
- Accurately communicates and raises awareness about CF and the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation at events and other Foundation-sponsored programs.
- Recruits community advocates and broadly communicates national advocacy messages.
- Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation of care center staff. Refers CF patients and family members to area accredited care centers as necessary.
- Stays up to date on the drug development pipeline, educational resources and tools available on CFF.org for the purpose of communicating current and relevant CF information.
- Assures that community engagement opportunities, events, and meetings organized by CFF, support the wellbeing of people with CF.
- Seeks and maintains vendor relations through acquisition and execution, including all contracting and paperwork in accordance with CFF policies and practices.
- Completes all required training and maintains current knowledge of all financial and accounting systems and procedures.
- Records and enters constituent information into record-keeping system to facilitate the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes of the foundation.
- Prepares forms, materials and reports for assigned events and submits post-event follow up documentation in a timely manner.
- Accurately forecasts revenue and tracks expenses for assigned events.
- Carries out all financial and accounting responsibilities in compliance with audit procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 5 or more years of fundraising/sales experience
- Four-year degree or equivalent education/experience required
- Good customer service skills
- Strong volunteer management experience
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) necessary in order to communicate diplomatically and effectively with volunteers, donors, and staff.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation recognizes the importance of employees taking care of their health and safety needs and those of their families. The Foundation strives to create and maintain a balanced work schedule for its employees and promotes quality of life through its varying benefits.
- Competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision healthcare insurance
- 401K Plan
- Employee discounts on electronics (Dell computers, AT&T, and Verizon)
- Employee discounts on travel, hotels, car rentals, theme parks, auto, child care, etc.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Early release on Fridays in the summer and before major holidays
- Business Casual dress environment
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please apply via our online application: Development Director Online Application
- Date Posted: March 17, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)