Community Resource Center
Community Resource Center
About the community resource center:
The Community Resource Center (CRC) is a Nashville-based non-profit organization that is dedicated to providing essential hygiene and cleaning supplies to individuals in Middle Tennessee. Since its inception in 1991, CRC has tirelessly worked towards helping families and individuals who are facing crisis. The organization’s mission is to build a stronger community by ensuring that everyone has access to basic essentials that they deserve.
CRC’s services are provided free of charge to those in need, and their focus is on meeting basic needs such as hygiene items and cleaning supplies. CRC also collaborates with various community partners, such as faith-based organizations, schools, and other non-profit organizations, to ensure that their services reach those who need them most. The work done by the CRC is essential for the well-being of Nashville’s community, as they provide necessities that help individuals and families maintain their health, dignity, and self-respect.
The Community Resource Center is seeking a passionate and results-driven Director of Development to lead our fundraising and donor engagement efforts. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Development will play a pivotal role in expanding our reach, strengthening donor relationships, and securing financial support critical to the organization’s mission and growth. This leadership position requires a dynamic, resourceful, and collaborative individual who is dedicated to advancing the cause of hygiene access for those in need.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy in alignment with CRC’s mission and goals. Identify new funding opportunities and partnerships to diversify revenue streams.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with individual donors, foundations, corporations, and community partners. Manage donor communication, acknowledgment, and recognition processes.
- Oversee grant-seeking activities, including prospect research, proposal writing, and grant management. Maintain a robust grants calendar and ensure timely submission of grant applications and reports.
- Plan, organize, and execute fundraising events and campaigns, including donor appreciation events, online giving initiatives, and annual appeals.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit major gift prospects. Develop and implement donor recognition and stewardship programs for major donors.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to engage them in fundraising efforts. Provide regular updates on fundraising progress and opportunities.
- Work closely with the CEO to establish and manage the development budget, tracking income and expenses related to fundraising activities.
- Oversee donor database management, ensuring accurate and up-to-date records, gift processing, and reporting.
- Foster strong collaboration with program staff to understand program needs and funding priorities, effectively communicating these needs to potential funders.
- Represent CRC at community events, conferences, and meetings to raise awareness of our mission and engage with potential supporters.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful fundraising experience in a non-profit organization, including grant writing and major gifts.
- Proven track record in developing and executing fundraising strategies that achieve revenue goals.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, including Board members, staff, volunteers, and donors.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in donor management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Passion for the mission of the Community Resource Center and empathy for individuals and families in need.
- Wellness Stipend
- Generous PTO Package
- Holidays and End-of-the-Year Closure
- On-Site and Remote Working
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without the requested information will not be considered. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No calls or emails
- Date Posted: September 15, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/16/2023
- Salary Range: $68,000-$75,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm