Center for Youth Ministry Training
Center for Youth Ministry Training
The Center for Youth Ministry Training is looking for our next Development Director to join our team to lead our fundraising efforts to impact the lives of youth for Christ.
Established in 2006, the Center for Youth Ministry Training invests in youth by equipping youth ministers, and communities of faith, to develop innovative, effective, and theologically informed ministries so youth may experience the love and grace of Jesus Christ. CYMT partners with Austin Seminary to provide the largest graduate program in youth ministry in the country. Our Innovation Lab and Theology Together Initiatives are proactively engaging ministries and youth in life-changing theological practices to meet the needs of youth today.
CYMT’s Development Director will develop a fundraising plan that engages donors, board, and staff to achieve our financial goals. You will be joining a dedicated team that is passionate about using their gifts to support ministries and youth ministers’ efforts to reach young people. CYMT sees development efforts as a team effort. Your work will be supported by our marketing, operations, and Area Directors.
CYMT knows that diversity in race, theology, and experiences shapes communities of faith and creates unique contexts for ministry. We are intentionally prioritizing diversity of all forms among our staff, residents, and ministry partners. CYMT is committed to diversity in leadership, culturally competent support, and educational opportunities that reflect the diversity of the people and communities we serve. We are still learning and growing, but if you share our passion and love for young people, you will feel welcome at CYMT.
Objective: The Development Director is responsible for creating and implementing the development strategies for CYMT with a primary responsibility to generate greater and more sustainable revenue for CYMT by expanding CYMT’s support. This position will work closely with the National Board and Area Advocacy Teams.
Supervision: The Development Director reports to the Executive Director
Hours: Full-Time, TBD based on experience
Location: We have offices in Brentwood, TN, and are open to in-person or hybrid models. We are also open to remote work with the right candidate as we do serve multiple states. The Austin, TX area is also a central location for CYMT.
- Create and implement an annual development plan and strategy that enhances CYMT’s relationship with donors and investors while engaging them in our mission
- Develop and organize each aspect of the fundraising strategy
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential donors
- Recruit, train, and activate Advocacy Team members who support the vision and mission of CYMT in regional areas to help achieve development goals
- Work with the Board and Executive Director to develop new Advocacy Teams in regional areas CYMT serves
- Lead and manage the CYMT’s overall short and long-range development efforts to reach our development goals
- Oversee management of CYMT donor database, records, and acknowledgments
- Supervise the development of public affairs matters such as annual reports, donor communications, and website donor interface
- Develop and manage CYMT’s Board fundraising capacity
- Oversee and plan fundraising events with other staff and volunteers
- Train and lead other staff and the board in fundraising and donor marketing efforts
- Evaluate and report on fundraising campaign goals and effectiveness
- Research grant sources and write grant proposals and reports to foundations
- Oversee the CYMT development budget
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of development experience in a service industry or with a non-profit
- CFRE Certification is a plus, but not required
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Strong verbal and written persuasive communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and nurture new donors
- Knowledge of donor management programs (CYMT uses Boomerang and GiveButter)
- Familiarity with mainline churches and a passion for youth ministry
- Flexible schedule with remote work options.
- Paid Vacation, and personal, and professional development days. Employees who work 40 hours a week are eligible for 15 vacation days a year, 12 personal days per year, and up to 10 days per year for professional development activities.
- Holidays include New Year’s Day; Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving Day & Thanksgiving Friday, and December 24 through January 1 every year.
- Replenishment plan eligibility for soul care after 6 months of employment.
- Health insurance option
- 2% cash benefit retirement contribution
- Remote worker stipend for remote employees
- Staff development opportunities
- Bonus structure for this position
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply at www.cymt.org/job-openings where you will also be required to upload a cover letter and resume.
- Date Posted: August 31, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/01/2023
- Salary Range: TBD based on experience
- Working Hours: TBD