FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Development Director. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with the ability to work flexible hours depending on needs and events.
In this role, you will oversee and implement FiftyForward’s annual fundraising efforts, direct and manage events and campaigns across our centers and programs and develop an overall strategy to ensure FiftyForward will meet or exceed the annual budgeted fundraising goals each year.
- Provide leadership to ensure the organization has an annual and long-range development plan to accomplish the strategic goals and objectives.
- Solicitation of major gifts and appropriate follow-up each month.
- Maintain the agency’s donor relationships and recognition program.
- Develop and manage agency’s year-end written campaign.
- Responsible for direct contact with donors including ongoing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship visits and activities.
- Oversee donor database, ensure thankyou notes are delivered in timely manner, create annual donor impact reports.
- Supervise and oversee the corporate, foundation grants and special event departments and staff.
- Participate in annual budgeting process and oversees program revenues and expenses.
- In accordance with agency-approved budget, ensure revenue and expense budgets are developed for all events and campaigns.
- Work with CEO to manage agency capital, endowment, and planned giving campaigns.
- Review and analyze past fundraising efforts, impact of changes in economic climate and other factors which may affect fundraising operations.
- Oversee agency volunteer department; ensure volunteers are integrated across agency and utilized and trained.
- Work with communications staff to promote development projects through written correspondence, promotional materials and public speaking.
- Ensure project timetables, progress reports, campaign materials and campaign reports are prepared and delivered on time to board, funders.
- Provide consultation to FiftyForward staff and volunteers regarding development activities in FiftyForward centers and programs, and ensure all activities are part of a well-coordinated agency-wide development plan.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Professional communication (verbal/written) and presentations skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive working relationships with donors throughout the local community.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office 365.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with proficiency, accuracy, and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, coursework and specialized training in all aspects of development.
- CFRE credentials preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in leadership positions with nonprofit organizations.
- Proven track record in raising significant funds through major gifts, special events, annual campaigns.
- Must have experience with capital, endowment, and planned giving campaigns.
- A valid TN driver’s license and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long term care, Life, AD&D, FSA
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary membership to all Centers
- Community involvement
- Development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners touching the lives of more than 20,000 individuals annually. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and living their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: March 14, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm, with the ability to work flexible hours depending on needs and events