Owl's Hill Nature Sanctuary
Owl's Hill Nature Sanctuary
Leads all organizational efforts to raise funds to support the programs and initiatives of Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary (OHNS). This includes prospecting, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual, corporate, and foundation donors, annual fund appeals, and fundraising events. The Development Director is expected to build upon our reputation as a beloved environmental education destination while growing financial support and deepening donor engagement. The ideal candidate loves the outdoors, thrives in small organizations, is a team player, goal-oriented, outgoing, a self-starter and eager to take Owl’s Hill to the next level. This position works closely with the Executive Director.
Fundraising & Events:
- Establish annual fundraising goals and strategies for the organization. Implement an annual work plan to meet goals.
- Take the lead on writing foundation and corporate grant proposals, and any required reporting, in deadline-driven environment.
- Oversee promised credit and benefits to ensure that Owl’s Hill fulfills requirements of each funder
- Research and identify new grant opportunities.
- Solicit corporate support for program and event sponsorships
- Lead prospect research and cultivation efforts to expand donor base. Identify and prioritize key actions for the Executive Director and Board of Directors to take to engage current and potential donors.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with donors, stakeholders and volunteers.
- Coordinate direct mail, annual appeals and fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee regular donor communications, including but not limited to newsletter, emails, annual report, thank you correspondence and pledge reminders.
- Manage the CRM database; ensuring records are current and accurate.
- Ensure donations and gifts are entered and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Plan and execute spring/summer fundraising and donor appreciation events, including managing planning committees.
- Maintain a fundraising calendar to ensure funding submissions, grant applications and mid-cycle or final report deadlines are met.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with board members, sponsors, and donors.
- Prepare quarterly board reports and attend Board of Directors meetings.
- Reconcile revenue and expenses to budget
- Assist with program services and delivery, as needed
Marketing and Communications:
- Manage website and social media (or manage social media intern, if applicable).
- Submit OHNS events and happenings to community calendars in a timely manner (or manage intern, if applicable).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum three years of experience in not-for-profit fundraising or management preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with donors and prospects that result in major gifts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; successful grant writing record is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects or concurrent tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong team player with commitment to OHNS’s mission.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills with ability to effectively engage key prospects and current donors.
- Self-motivation, flexibility, enthusiasm, creativity, and outstanding organizational skills
- Experience working on a capital campaign is a plus.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend events is required.
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation is required.
- Must clear background check
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Benefits include generous paid time-off (holidays, vacation and sick), healthcare stipend, workers compensation, and savings incentive plan option (SIMPLE IRA) with company match.
How to Apply
Send cover letter (tell us why you are the right candidate for this position), resume and fundraising writing sample to email@example.com. Electronic submission required for all materials. Please reference the position title in the subject line of your message. Review of applications begins immediately; position open until filled. Top candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: December 6, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Environment
- Salary Range: up to $52,000 DOE
- Working Hours: Exempt, 40 hours/wk