The Branch of Nashville Inc.
The Branch of Nashville Inc.
The Development Director is responsible for leading all development activities within The Branch of Nashville in effort to raise funding for organization operations and its programs. The position develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive fundraising plan to expand philanthropic support of the organization, including identifying and strengthening relationships with community stakeholders, actively pursuing and managing corporate and individual leads, fostering strong donor and sponsor stewardship, and seeking, applying for and managing grant funding. Additionally this position plans and produces internal Branch fundraising events.
- Design and implement a comprehensive Development Funding Plan annually which maintains the fiscal health of the organization and provides future financial resources for growth and expansion, including, but not limited to, grant writing and management, corporate major giving, annual appeal development and management, third party events, and internal events.
- Develop strong relationships within the community to foster a positive image such that companies, schools, civic organizations and individuals will make The Branch the local charity of choice for funding.
- Act as primary point of contact for funding, donations and fundraising event inquiries.
- Collect, organize, and maintain a complete and accurate database record of donors and funding received. Create funding targets for the board of directors. Establish tracking tools and monitor them monthly.
- Work collaboratively with fundraising event chairs to offer management, production, and oversight of both Branch internal fundraising events, including developing and managing production timeline, budget, and evaluation.
- Oversee branding, image, and consistency of messaging in all organization materials, including ensuring Branch messaging is updated and accurate in all marketing and outreach materials.
- Design and produce annual giving campaigns, as well as auxiliary marketing, promotional, and outreach materials.
- Work collaboratively with Branch team members as needed to secure food resources.
- Coordinate media events; speak on behalf of organization with media outlets as needed.
- Perform networking at selected community and leadership events.
- Deliver presentations on programs to various community, corporate and church groups as needed.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent personal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Customer service, communication, and recordkeeping experience required;
- Able to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines;
- Solid organizational, time management, and project management skills required;
- Initiative and collaborative skills indicated;
- Foster and promote business relationships and partnering within the community;
- Comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Establish rapport and build on relationships to promote mission of The Branch;
- Good public speaking skills required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 4-5 years related experience preferred;
- Experience with CRM preferred;
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and Powerpoint preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000 – $70,000 per year
Benefits: Flexible schedule, paid time off, health reimbursement account
Schedule: Monday to Friday. Salaried hours worked are flexible, as needed for the job.
How to Apply
Submit resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: September 26, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 65,000-70,000
- Working Hours: 35 hrs/wk M-F