We are building a world of inclusion one home at a time. Will you join us?
We at Tucker’s House have a core belief that drives us in everything we do. We believe that every child should have the ability to feel at home. We manifest this belief in our specific mission to create safe and accessible homes for families with children or young adults with disabilities. We are all children. We are all neighbors. We should all feel at home.
We are looking for a Development Director to join our leadership team. This role will lead all of the fundraising activities of the organization. However, this role is not simply about raising money. We are looking for someone to raise up a community. Money is not the goal. It is an important tool we use to serve our community.
Why should you join us?
- We offer you a mission that matters: We are a grassroots non-profit that serves the Middle Tennessee community. We have a unique mission and are one of a kind.
- We offer you leadership: This role is part of our leadership team that speaks into the inner workings of the organization.
- We offer you influence: You will be a voice of change and positivity in the community.
- We offer you flexibility: We understand that as a Development Director you need maximum flexibility to work where/when you need to be successful.
- We offer you autonomy: You will have a great deal of ownership to take our current fundraising program and mold it.
- We offer you growth: Our non-profit is growing fast and we have big goals to expand our service reach into other areas. As you help us grow, you will also have the opportunity to build out a team to support your efforts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Update and craft a fund development plan with clear goals/objectives
- Lead the direct public support fundraising activities of the organization including individuals, companies, foundations, churches, and service organizations
- Lead, design, and implement the event fundraisers
- Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects
- Raise awareness by attending chamber events, networking groups, associations, and clubs
- Work closely with grant writer to secure new grant opportunities
- Make asks for funds, event partnerships/tickets, and in-kind donations
What makes you a great fit:
- You are a trailblazer who can define and set a path on your own
- You can easily work and have conversations with people of all different types of backgrounds and beliefs
- You are competitive in a healthy way
- You are an active listener who asks really good questions
- You aren’t afraid to ask for money because you believe in the mission
- You love to network and connect people with causes almost unintentionally because that is just who you are and how you are wired
- You are active on LinkedIn as part of your networking
- You remain optimistic in times of adversity
- Prior development or sales experience is highly preferred but not required
- Full-Time is considered 36 hours per week
- Hybrid work environment with office located at a co-working office space in beautiful downtown Franklin, TN
- Health insurance options available
- 401k retirement options offered
- Generous PTO that begins with 15 days and increases over tenure
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Company issued laptop or device
- Company issued cell phone or stipend available
- Company issued credit cards
- Paid membership fees to chambers, networking groups, associations, clubs, etc.
- Kindful CRM software and other technologies
- Paid maternity and paternity leave available
- Bonus structure based on performance goals and objectives
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tucker’s House is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: May 26, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 07/18/2022
- Salary Range: 55,000 - 70,000
- Working Hours: 36 hrs/week (Hybrid Role & Flexible)