The Joseph School
The Joseph School
The Development Director creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to friendraising which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
Who we are:
The Joseph School, is a 501(c)3 grassroots leadership school in Cabaret Haiti, founded after the tragic earthquake of 2010. Our mission then and now is to partner with Haitian teachers and staff to develop the next generation of servant leaders who are empowered to transform their world. The goal is to combine generational academic empowerment with practical knowledge, life skills, and the love of God. Our curriculum focuses on six fundamental principles: globally competitive academics, intentional leadership development, service to others, personal discipleship, fluency in Creole, French and English, all immersed in the rich Haitian culture and history. We are adding one grade of 30 students each year. Currently, we have grades 1-7 and 200 students. We will be adding 8th grade this fall 2022. At capacity, we will have more than 350 students in grades 1-13.
Who You Are:
If you are driven by a deep longing to make a difference in the world. You love children. You believe that education has the power to transform lives and even change a nation. You want to be a part of a calling that impacts children, families and entire communities. You believe leadership changes everything. You are energetic, passionate and gently assertive. You are organized and have the grit to keep going when the going gets tough. You are willing to stare down setbacks and finish with determination. You know that engaging donors and volunteers in a meaningful movement enriches their lives and inspires the movement. You get a rush when someone says “yes” to such a life-changing opportunity. You are looking for a calling that brings all your passions, experience and gifts together to change the lives of children — forever. You are a professional and you are good at it. You are a global citizen.
· Develop and organize all aspects of the organization’s fundraising programs
· Research and identify potential donors and sponsors and implement strategies to foster positive relationships
· Establish and maintain friendly business communications with individual and business donors or sponsors
· Research donation programs and opportunities available through local, state and federal programs
· Create reports post-event to analyze data and determine the marketing effectiveness for the fundraising program
· Oversee department and inter-department meetings to plan milestones and requirements of all teams within the organization regarding fundraisers
· Create print marketing materials related to fundraising by working closely with the Social Media department
· Meet with Executive Director and Board to gauge business needs and brainstorm ideas for fundraising programs for the coming year
Qualifications and Experience
· Excellent working knowledge of Non-profit donor management system
· Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well in a diverse group
· Experience measuring data and outcomes of events to determine marketing effectiveness
· 3-5 years of management experience required
· Positive and collaborative attitude when managing groups and overseeing initiatives
· Experience managing and tracking donor contributions and organizing gathered data
· Demonstrated experience raising funds and examples of positive outcomes
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) plus three (3) year of fundraising experience
- Preferred Location: Nashville, TN
- Open to remote – US based
- Travel to Haiti (1-2 times per year)
- Required to work evening and weekend during major campaigns and special events
For more information on specifics of the position, salary range, insurance options, vacation, etc., please contact Annita D’Amico at 615-579-0057.
How to Apply
Mail a current resume and any pertinent information that demonstrates your skill sets, previous work, and passion for fundraising to The Joseph School in care of Annita D’Amico at 6495 Temple Rd., Franklin, TN 37069.
Or email your resume and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about The Joseph School and the community it serves, please visit our website at www.thejosephschool.org or social media @thejosephschool
- Date Posted: March 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Salary Range: $60 - $80 but negotiable depending on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk