Global Sanctuary for Elephants
Global Sanctuary for Elephants
Global Sanctuary for Elephants, a 501 (c)(3) international elephant welfare nonprofit, headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, is seeking an experienced Development Director to support our mission of protecting, rescuing and providing sanctuary for elephants worldwide, and our pilot project – Elephant Sanctuary Brazil.
In our effort to honor the integrity of the sanctuary and the spirit of the elephants we support, each and every function at GSE is carried out with the highest level of diligence and respect. We believe every elephant is an individual. As such, we know that every positive action and job performed is fundamental to the healing process and joy each elephant experiences in sanctuary.
The Development Director will work remotely with our team in the Nashville area to provide strategic direction for development and donor relations activities, which includes:
- Developing and implementing fundraising strategies to support a $1 million + annual budget.
- Creating a written and verbal donor communication strategy to cultivate relationships with current and potential donors to advance their relationship with the organization.
- Identifying and pursuing new opportunities for corporate sponsorships, foundation grants, crowdrising campaigns, and online fundraising events consistent with GSE’s mission and identity.
- Researching and drafting policies for gift acceptance, acknowledgements, and donor privacy based on industry best practices.
- Planning and implementing marketing programs, PR materials, and special events to identify new donor prospects and maximize donor engagement.
- Managing and overseeing donor communications strategy including the progression and editing of newsletters, solicitation mailings, and email campaigns.
- Collaborating and working closely with the social media team to ensure consistent messaging and utilizing best practices for online fundraising strategies.
- Updating and maintaining the website’s donation pages.
- Overseeing online store, merchandise sales, and image/ logo licensing.
- Managing the daily activities of GSE’s development programs.
- Supervising the Donor Services Coordinator and providing back-up support for grant writing, bank deposits, and donor database management when needed.
- Other development, admin, and community relations activities as needed.
- 4-5 Years of development/administrative experience in a nonprofit setting -animal welfare field knowledge or experience a plus.
- Experience with donor database systems, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Mailchimp, and cloud-based application processes such as google docs, sheets, Dropbox, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and editing skills. Requires a communication and writing style that is professional while also expressing the passion and compassion inherent to GSE’s mission.
- Ability to work under stressful deadlines and juggle multiple grant projects with flexibility to work weekdays, evenings, and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to collaborate with staff and board while working remotely in the Middle TN area.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member. Being able to follow directions as well as lead, self motivate, and self manage are necessities.
Flexible Work Schedule, Flexible Work Arrangements, Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Can apply HERE via Breezy HR
- Date Posted: July 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk