Fundraising Data Analyst
Martha O'Bryan Center
ABOUT THE MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER
Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) is an anti-poverty non-profit organization with longstanding history and deep community roots, grounded in tradition and strengthened by innovation. Founded in 1894 when Miss O’Bryan organized the Gleaners Society at First Presbyterian Church to support impoverished North Nashville residents, Martha O’Bryan Center has operated from the heart of Cayce Place – Nashville’s most distressed community – since 1948. This is where we continue in service, partnering with Cayce Place families to open doors of hope and possibility, create a culture of attainment, and positively shape future generations. Martha O’Bryan Center serves 12,000 people annually with its programs in early learning, parent empowerment, youth development, adult education, food security, crisis counseling and public charter schools East End Prep and Explore! Community School.
Mission Statement: On a foundation of Christian faith, Martha O’Bryan Center empowers children, youth, and adults in poverty to transform their lives through work, education, employment, and fellowship.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
The Fundraising Data Analyst is responsible for high-quality data management and detailed research on existing donors, prospective donors, and the effectiveness of the development team’s fundraising efforts. This position helps to ensure Martha O’Bryan’s financial security through accurate and timely gift processing and reporting, and maintaining, expanding, and capitalizing on a data base of strategic information that guides our fundraising work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date gift history, contact information, and other relevant data about the organization’s constituency using the Raiser’s Edge CRM platform. Works proactively to maintain the integrity of the data base, evaluating it for problems and needed information.
- Processes gifts (copies, records, assigns to proper accounts, etc.) to the organization and makes timely deposits and data entry for gifts, donor requests, and other data.
- Devises and implements systems to assure timely, accurate, and appropriate donor stewardship. Researches and manages correspondence for donors, often for the signature of the Chief Executive Officer. Generates timely and accurate pledge reminders.
- Generates lists of information as requested for various uses including mailings, electronic correspondence, donor recognition, invitations, etc.
- Works cooperatively with both development and financial staff and others (such as auditors) to provide needed information, including complex reports on donor trends, pledge balances, segmentation of donors based on multiple variables, etc.
- Maintains calendar of data-centered needs and happenings for each fiscal year; develop and maintain year-round tracking tools for key activities to ensure consistent practices for stewardship and reporting.
- Serves as coach and general resource to the development team for the use of our CRM platform (Raisers Edge) and strategic use of data.
- Conducts statistical analysis following every event and appeal with report to development team on what data is telling us about our efforts, including opportunities for improvement and potential areas for growth.
- Assists Chief Development Officer in setting annual goals and benchmarks for own work and metrics for the entire team.
- Identifies trends among our donor population as well as developments nationally and locally that impact our fundraising efforts, and then present options for how data can help us navigate change.
- Conducts proactive, creative, ongoing prospecting and research activities through various informational channels to collect data about donors and prospective donors that is helpful to the organization’s fundraising.
- Designs and maintain year-round corporate research strategy, leveraging prospecting activities with Board of Directors and analysis of donor relationships to result in an agreed upon number of new warm prospects annually for the team.
- Researches donors and build out incomplete records in our database, including data on contact information, biographical information, relationships and asset portfolios.
- Researches best practices in fundraising data management to incorporate into team’s ongoing work.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two or more years of related experience and/or training.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or other complex CRM tools preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database, desk top publishing software, email and the internet.
THE MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is eligible for benefits.
How to Apply
Apply online at http://www.marthaobryan.org
- Date Posted: February 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services