Small World Yoga
Small World Yoga
The development coordinator is responsible for all activities that contribute to fundraising for Small World Yoga including, but not limited to, grant writing, planning fundraising events and individual giving campaigns, writing giving appeals, communicating with funders and donors, and collaborating with the Executive Director and Development Chair on new and creative fundraising initiatives.
This is currently an independent contractor position for 30 hours per week with potential to grow the role into full-time.
- Research, write, and conduct reporting for all grants, including budgeting, measures, and outcomes
- Plan and execute fundraising campaigns, including The Big Payback and Giving Tuesday
- Assist with the planning and execution of fundraising events, namely Music City Yoga Festival and International Day of Yoga
- Work closely with the Development Chair to engage Board of Directors in fundraising initiatives
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Development Chair on creative identification and cultivation of donors
- Engage personally with donors, including writing thank you cards, making phone calls, delivering SWY swag, etc.
- Create monthly development social media content
- Maintain SWY donor database, Kindful
- Write and distribute development Quarterly Newsletter email blast
- Post company updates on Linkedin as appropriate
- Update Linktree as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects at once
- Works well independently and as a part of a team.
- Willingness to learn, grow in the role and incorporate feedback
- 3+ years of professional experience. Background in a nonprofit organization, small business/startup is a plus.
- Development experience is not necessary. Ideal candidate is a quick-learner, interested in nonprofit work and has strong time management skills.
- Preferred working knowledge or willingness to learn: Google Drive, Microsoft Word/Excel, Canva, Zoom, MindBody, Kindful.
Opportunity to grow the role into full-time position
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Liz Veyhl at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 27, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 30 hrs/wk; M-F