The Development Coordinator supports Cumberland Heights’ mission of transforming lives, giving hope and healing to those affected by alcohol or drug addiction.
The Development Coordinator will report to the Chief Development & Marketing Officer and be responsible for securing funding to carryout Cumberland Heights’ mission and organizational goals by executing all aspects of special event fundraisers, developing and implementing Cumberland Heights’ direct response program and coordinating interactive online fundraising initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position requires overall planning and management of key fundraising events including but not limited to the Reaching New Heights Women’s Luncheon, Annual Reception and Concert, Breakfast of Champions, and the Endowment Reception. This position is also responsible for the growth and execution of the (online/offline) direct response program, including the development of fundraising appeals, the monthly giving program, the donor welcome program, the donor thank you program, and annual initiatives such as the Big Pay Back and Giving Tuesday.
Cumberland Heights Fundraising Events:
- Manage and oversee Cumberland Heights’ fundraising and special events, as well as multi-channel online fundraising initiatives
- Liaison to event chairperson and committee members for each event
- Assists with design, editing and mailing of all online and printed materials and serves as liaison for graphic designer and printer, including (online/offline) sponsorship packets, proposals and letters, invitations, sponsorship signage, ticket sales, programs, parking passes, and post-event thank you letters and receipts
- Works with each committee to track progress and follow up on all sponsorship, patron and ticket sales, RSVP, updates and distributes sales info to volunteers on a continuing basis to track solicitor assignments and follow ups
- Works to ensure each event meets fundraising income goals and does not exceed budgetary goals
- Supports the chairs in venue selection, parking, food, beverages, décor, auction items, signage, honoree and chair gifts, and coordinating volunteer workers
- Works directly with event venues such as the Ryman Auditorium, Hillwood Country Club etc. to coordinate contracts, room set up, seating charts and seating, etc. as needed
- Assists in selection, booking, and contracts for artists, special speakers, entertainers as needed for each event.
Annual Direct Response Program:
- Develops overall direct response plan and revenue goals for each fiscal year
- Creates annual direct response (online/offline) strategy to acquire, retain and build donor relationships
- Establishment and management of Cumberland Heights monthly giving program
- Manages the design, writing, editing and mailing of solicitation letters, sponsorship packages, pledge forms, thank you letters and envelopes
- Incorporates ThankView program into stewardship and donor thank you process
- Serves as liaison for graphic designer and printer
- Develop strategies and analytics to increase number of donors, frequency of gifts, and gift amounts through acquisition, list segmentation, stewardship, and donor retention
- Works with Director of Philanthropy and Chief Development Officer to identify and cultivate potential major donors from direct response to increase engagement and giving
- Liaison to Development Chair, volunteer Board and committee members for recruiting volunteers for designated phone solicitation nights and writing personal thank you notes for each appeal/campaign
- Maintains calendar with timeline for events and projects
- Works in conjunction with the Marketing team to create and coordinate online/offline messaging, including photo, video, and copy content, and online delivery schedule for online fundraising initiatives and online direct response appeals
- Other projects as assigned
- Ensures that a welcoming, safe and healing environment is maintained for each patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Ensures proper handling and distribution of company funds.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimum of two (2) years of successful event and direct response fundraising experience in non-profit setting required
Ability to speak, hear, see and sit; ability to speak, read and write in English; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively and professionally present Cumberland Heights to current and potential donors; excellent administrative, organizational and project planning and management skills; attention to details and sound judgment; strong problem solving and decision-making skills; strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to succeed in fast-paced, high volume work environment; ability to meet stringent and multiple deadlines; broad knowledge of the principals of fundraising; expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel, including mail merges required; experience with segmentation of donor lists and direct response development; experience with Raiser’s Edge or other database management is a must; prior work with volunteers and on special events preferred. If recovering, two years of verifiable abstinence required with five years preferred; active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step Program preferred.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to travel to various meetings and events with flexible hours at those times.
Discussed during interview
How to Apply
Visit our website @Cumberlandheights.org to apply
- Date Posted: May 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development