Rock The Street, Wall Street
Rock The Street, Wall Street
Development Coordinator – Job Description
We are growing! In 2013, we launched our program at one school in Nashville,TN. This academic year, we are in 29 schools across 17 cities, coast to coast, with plans to continue to grow our footprint! We are looking for vibrant, effective TEAM members. If this describes you, read on.
Rock The Street, Wall Street, (RTSWS), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. RTSWS is a financial and investment literacy program designed to spark the interest of a diverse population of high school girls into careers of finance. In the U.S. we lose girls in math as early as age 9, and women represent only 6% of the leaders in the financial services industry. We’re changing that.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and executing fundraising efforts. The qualified candidate will be working with various organizations to secure funding and sponsorships. They will assist department leaders in developing and maintaining donor relationships and securing new ones.
Duties and Responsibilities
In order to ensure that RTSWS receives a steady and sufficient amount of funding, our Development Coordinators perform many important tasks. Listed below are those duties.
Create Long-Term Plans – At the end of each fiscal year or quarter, our Development Coordinator will be charged with designing a comprehensive fundraising plan for the coming year or quarter. Each plan will be focused on generating revenue, encouraging participation and will be used as a general blueprint by all involved departments within the organization.
Maintain Donor Relationships – Our Development Coordinator plays a big role in making sure that the people who have donated to our organization are satisfied with the work that their money is helping to make possible. Because of this, Development Coordinators must regularly meet with major donors, keep them updated on recent events and include them in the decision-making process.
Secure New Donors – In addition to maintaining good relationships with current donors, the Development Coordinator also needs to implement strategies for encouraging new donors to give to their organization. Doing so can involve hosting outreach events, using networking connections to get in touch with potential donors and overseeing the creation of grant proposals.
Organize Events – Although nonprofit organizations usually employ an Event Coordinator to handle event organization, Development Coordinators must participate as well. Whether they’re planning a formal gala or a casual picnic, Development Coordinators are responsible for helping to host events which will appeal to both current and potential donors.
Monitor Data – Once a donor has contributed a monetary gift to an organization, that organization’s Development Coordinator then needs to make sure that the gift is properly processed and recorded. Either staff members or volunteers can perform the act of entering donation information, but it’s up to the Development Coordinator to supervise those staff members or volunteers.
Development Coordinator Skills – Successful Development Coordinators are energetic, self-motivated team players who thrive on accomplishing goals, getting results and improving their organization’s bottom line. They are just as adept at making financial decisions as they are at communicating with others, and they are likely to be described as natural leaders. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, employers are looking for Development Coordinators with the following skills.
- Assure the quality and effectiveness of the RTSWS donor development program.
- Actively develop relationships with donors.
- Manage relationships with donors and communications around our programs.
- Establish scalable tools and processes across markets that monitor performance including quality control and appropriate forecasting of building resources. Work with and communicate progress to internal stakeholders and ensure that projects are scoped properly and handed off seamlessly for deployment.
- Manage program goals, scope, schedules and resources to ensure timelines and goals are aligned across multiple markets. Report quality metrics with informative analysis on a weekly basis.
- Creatively harness technology to streamline activities and effectively deliver responsibilities.
- Draft effective communications for internal and external purposes.
Location: Nashville, TN with ability for some remote work
Travel: 20 – 30%, seasonally
Effort : 40 hours/week
This role requires flexibility and innovative thinking, with the opportunity to find new ways to inspire our stakeholders. The Development Coordinator will cultivate relationships in a wide range of settings — leading financial firms, corporations, public and private high schools. It is a business-critical role that rewards you with the chance to make a lasting impact on the girls we serve, the professionals who volunteer for us and the communities in which they live.
Collaboration as a TEAM player is a must to achieve the dream of our organization. We know we are making an impact in our communities and that’s what drives us to do whatever it takes and have a sense of urgency when doing it.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Public Administration, Business or a related field.
- Embrace our mission, comfortability working with people from financial services, family foundations and private donors.
- Prior experience in a fast paced environment
- Prior experience working in fundraising
- Strong problem solving skills; strong presentation and public speaking skills
- 5-7 years of donor development experience
- Experience leading coalitions and fundraising campaigns.
- History of local community engagement and leadership positions.
- Strong technology skills with all Google Suite applications and familiarity with Salesforce and Zoom conferencing.
- Experience in scaling processes for new business/start-up.
- Excited about the fast pace and fluid organizational structure of a startup environment.
All available upon completion of 90 day probationary period.
How to Apply
Contact Information and Procedure
Only those who include a cover letter stating their interest in working with us at Rock The Street, Wall Street will be considered. Send resume with cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “RTSWS Development Coordinator”.
Salary: $45k – 50k plus benefits
- Date Posted: January 27, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 02/16/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk