Safe Haven Family Shelter
Safe Haven Family Shelter
Safe Haven’s development associate is a new position that calls for an individual who is able to work very closely with our development staff and CEO to provide administrative support for fundraising. He or she will have varying duties supporting grant applications and reporting, event support, community engagement, and database management.
The development associate is responsible for assisting in and supporting fundraising operations at Safe Haven. He or she will report to the Chief Development Officer and work with a team of other staff and consultants.
- Clearly articulate Safe Haven’s mission, goals and value proposition to donors and community stakeholders.
- Manages Salesforce donor database; supports donor communication during fundraising events.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date.
- Provides administrative support for pulling and cleaning mailing lists for newsletters, donor and special event communication.
- Provides support to various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events.
- Mails flyers, invitations, and other correspondence to potential donors, volunteers, and guests in order to inform them of events and activities.
- Works with social media consultant to distribute information about events and fundraising activities online.
- Provides support to other advertising efforts and works with our PR/Marketing team.
- Maintains grant information (applications, responses, reports) in database. Informs CDO and CEO about deadlines, opportunities, and outcomes.
- Performs basic administrative duties such as filing, data entry, maintaining a filing system and more including support CEO in preparing board documents, distribution, and meetings.
- Assists in scheduling meetings with prospective funders and donors.
- Key performance metrics tracked quarterly include: # of donor contacts (new, lapsed, current/active), increases in donations from donors in various categories, maintain and increase grant funding; satisfaction measures in support of CDO and CEO for various activities.
Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have demonstrated experience in SalesForce or donor database.
- Displays exceptional time management and organizational skills as needed for meeting deadlines.
- Shows persuasiveness and the ability to procure donors, funders and items needed for fundraising efforts.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters.
- Experience in organizing and/or supporting fundraising events is preferred but not always required.
- Works well alone as well as under direct supervision. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 2 years’ related experience (fund development, PR/communications, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail, required.
Excellent comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
Click here to apply
No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: January 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F occasional nights and weekends