Oak Hill School
Oak Hill School
Level: 4-years experience
Position Type: Staff
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Oak Hill School is a Prek-6, Christian independent located in Nashville is seeking a full-time Development Associate starting immediately.
The Development Associate is part of a five-person collaborative Office of Advancement and will be responsible for fostering a culture of philanthropy and volunteerism in support of Oak Hill School. The development branch advancement team (which also includes admissions and communications) is responsible for meeting fundraising goals to support the school’s annual giving campaign (the Oak Fund) and long-term strategic growth by cultivating engagement among donors and volunteers.
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Advancement (DOA) and assists the DOA with the planning and execution of fundraising communication, donor solicitation and engagement and events primarily centered around the school’s Oak Fund. The associate will also assist with special events throughout the year related to additional fundraising efforts around capital projects. This role provides vital support to all areas of the Advancement Office. The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal, understands donor stewardship and the “customer service” aspects of working within a development role. The associate should have a keen attention to detail, a sense of humor and an adaptable approach.
The Development Associate position is full-time, Monday-Friday, and requires occasional evening and weekend participation in department events and functions, both in-person and virtual.
Oak Fund Management
- Planning and logistics for successful annual giving program including supporting office staff with communications, pledge reminders, and thank you letters
- Coordination and growth of leadership giving within annual giving program
- Coordination of key development events, including leadership dinner, donor meetings, volunteering coordination, donor/volunteer appreciation and stewardship events.
- Assists with data entry, analysis and reporting
- Manages pre- and post-event activities, including prepping mailing lists, tracking attendance and drafting communications
- Scheduling and office calendar maintenance
- Attends Development and other school events and is a visible and engaged community member
- Assists with conducting prospect research and the creation of prospect profiles for incoming new families and throughout the year as needed
- Performs various other responsibilities as assigned by the DOA or Head of School in
support of advancement or other school programs (capital campaign, school-wide events)
Skills and Competencies
- Enthusiasm for education and supporting the values outlined by the mission at Oak Hill School
- Interest in the work of an independent school development office and a natural inclination to learn and grow in the role
- Ability to engage and solicit potential donors
- Strong team player and community member
- Commitment to high quality work, productivity and a keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently – driving projects forward
- Ability to think ahead, organize and prioritize workload in a timely manner and handle multiple deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate with all constituencies, inside and outside of the school, in formal and informal settings
- Appreciation for, and commitment to ongoing diversity initiatives at Oak Hill School
- Ability to represent Oak Hill School in a professional, relational and ethical manner while maintaining appropriate confidentiality
- Availability to work some nights/weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Competency with Zoom or equivalent platform and experience setting up and hosting online meetings, or the inclination to learn to do so
- Prior fundraising and event planning experience
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, Adobe design suite and related programs, and various social media platforms
- Familiarity with Veracross or Blackbaud data management platform
Medical, dental, 403(b), STD, LTD, AD&D, life
How to Apply
To apply, candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
- Date Posted: October 13, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Working Hours: 7:30am - 4:00pm (4:30pm on Wednesdays)