The Refuge Center for Counseli
The Refuge Center for Counseli
The Refuge Center for Counseling’s mission is to offer affordable, professional counseling services in order to empower, educate, and support individuals, couples, and families in need.
Purpose of the Position: The Development Assistant will serve as a key development team member by supporting our fundraising administration, events, and initiatives in order to fulfill our mission and vision. The position works directly with our Director of Development and supports both development and marketing initiatives in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donor constituents in order to meet and exceed our annual development and marketing plan goals.
Administrative Support for the Director of Development and Marketing Manager
- Serve as key contact for Network for Good, our donor management system: input new donations via check, manage donor data, run donor and giving reports, and pull mailing lists and email lists from Network for Good.
- Provide fundraising events logistics and management support.
- Help monitor donor engagement activities – cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Manage donor receipting, year-end receipts, and consistent acknowledgment letters.
- Work with our operations team in providing Facebook giving reporting, development, and marketing invoicing and reports and our various giving platforms.
- Help coordinate marketing and development meetings, documents, and other logistics.
- Provide support for our Connections lunches and other meetings hosted at our facility.
Donor Engagement Support
- Timely and quality donor customer support through email, phone, and office visits.
- Assist in donor thank you and donor thank you activity coordination, and manage donor acknowledgments.
- Support the planning process for the Development and Marketing Plans and strategic planning with the Director of Development.
- Support general marketing design and social media design/postings as needed.
- Help us cultivate and grow our monthly donor programs and serve as a key contact for monthly donor needs
- Assist in any donor appeal needs, and church and corporate engagement efforts.
- Represent Refuge Center at certain corporate fairs or other relevant community meets or events during and/or after normal work hours when the Associate Director or Director of Development cannot.
- A passion for our mission to offer high-quality, professional counseling services to everyone, no matter their income level.
- Understanding of the importance of mental health, therapy, counseling, and the confidential nature of our work and donor confidentiality.
- Flexible and ready to serve.
- Welcoming and kind spirit.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Thorough, organized, meticulous.
Skills, Education, Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Non-profit, development experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational/administrative skill set.
- Experience and ease with Microsoft Office, Windows systems, and software.
- Excellence in written communications and correspondence.
- Attention to detail
- Paid Time Off
- Perks program-Reimbursement for self-care
- Culture of compassionate care
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Patty Eller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: October 2, 2023
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 25 hrs/wk