Work for one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Formerly the family home of Mabel and Leslie Cheek, Cheekwood now serves the public as a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with period rooms and art galleries. Cheekwood’s mission is to stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit, for not only our visitors, but our staff as well.
We are currently seeking a Development Assistant to join our team. The Development Assistant will work closely with Senior Manager of Institutional Relations and Chief External Relations Officer to provide support for Cheekwood’s Institutional Giving programs, including corporate, foundation, and government donors.
- Assist the Chief External Relations Officer with soliciting and stewarding Corporate Friends and Sponsors, including, but not limited to, designing sponsorship proposals, preparing acknowledgement and thank you letters, updating internal tracking matrix and database, ensuring proper name/brand recognition, and fulfillment of benefits including complimentary guest passes and company rentals.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Institutional Relations with soliciting and stewarding foundation and government funders, including, but not limited, to writing proposals, designing informational supplements, submitting applications, preparing acknowledgement and thank you letters, ensuring proper name/funder recognition, and general grant management/administration.
- Provide key administrative support for Cheekwood’s Development department.
- Oversee weekly fulfillment of donor acknowledgement letters and tribute and celebration giving benefits including, but not limited to, preparing acknowledgment and thank you letters, regular updates to donor recognition board, ordering and placement of plaques, garden benches, etc. as needed.
- Support Cheekwood’s President & CEO with Development-related needs including, but not limited to, creating presentations for Board of Trustee meetings, preparing monthly bridal thank you notes, and creating documents for fundraising initiatives upon request.
- Process and submit invoices, purchase orders, and expense reports.
- Attend donor-related events and programs both on-site and off-site as needed.
- Manage general departmental phone line, email inbox, and website updates.
- Track and order departmental office supplies, letterhead, envelopes, etc. as needed.
- Participate as part of the Development team in a collegial fashion, working in a collaborative environment to ensure attainment of Development goals and objectives.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager of Institutional Relations.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 2 years of administrative support at a nonprofit organization, or an equivalent organization.
- This person must possess outstanding project management and organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- He/she should prioritize activities and responsibilities and manage multiple projects and concurrent tasks with the ability to work effectively within established deadlines.
- Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work with diverse internal and external constituents.
- Must be able to maintain flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and graphic design platforms (Canva and/or InDesign). Familiarity with donor databases and museum environment a plus.
- High level of professionalism and discretion a must.
Cheekwood follows the CDC’s Covid-19 recommendations and has a voluntary vaccine policy.
Cheekwood offers a comprehensive array of valuable benefits to full-time team members to protect health, family and way of life including Health Insurance with an HRA (Cheekwood pays 90% of the cost of one of the employee-only plans), Dental (Cheekwood pays a portion of the premium), Vision, Life Insurance (100% paid by Cheekwood), Long Term Disability Insurance (100% paid by Cheekwood), Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, 403b (with a generous employer match offered), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off and 11 Paid Holidays. Aflac products are also available.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To apply for this position: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1519973/CHEEKWOOD/Development-Assistant
- Date Posted: February 10, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture