Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities is searching for a Development Assistant who will provide support to the overall fundraising process. This position is full-time, benefits eligible position, located at the Catholic Pastoral Center at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are generally 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday but flexibility is required outside of these hours.
The Assistant will be responsible for functioning effectively as a front-line contact; collecting and maintaining information that supports donor and prospective donor relationship management; and creating and producing management reports. This person will also assist in development projects such as solicitation mailings and events.
The Development Assistant records gifts and related demographic information about donors in a central database and ensures that management reports are maintained and generated on a timely basis. The assistant performs basic donor stewardship functions such as producing gift receipts, acknowledgments, and annual donor letters about tax deductible contributions to the organization.
The Development Assistant works closely with information technology and financial services staff, as well as communications and website managers to refine and modify solicitation utilities, mailing lists, and other ad hoc needs, in response to online donor feedback. The assistant researches and identifies potential sponsors, family foundations, and other donors for the agency, in support of the solicitation and stewardship efforts by the Development Director. The assistant will manage department document keeping and appointment scheduling for the Development Director.
- Provide superior customer service to agency constituents, communicating in effective and timely manner.
- Responsible for all aspects of the department’s donation record-keeping activities including database updates, corrections, monitoring, and eliminating duplicate entries.
- Process donations and grant awards in a timely manner and produce appropriate documentation.
- Work closely with Financial Services Department to reconcile monthly and annual donation tracking.
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports of donor support and engagement efforts and results.
- Research corporate/family foundations, grant opportunities, and individual donors as potential funders and for networking with leads or other resource opportunities.
- Monitor philanthropic activity in the Middle Tennessee region, tracking fundraising events, patrons, sponsors, and related supporters and activities.
- Coordinate with vendors and stakeholders to manage and/or assist with special events and other initiatives.
- Coordinate with communications staff or vendors to publicize fundraising campaigns and events.
- Coordinate with IT department and website development manager to update, correct, and expand donation website and troubleshoot donor issues.
- Assists Development Director with confidential correspondence and/or financial documents as well as sensitive personal information related to donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, marketing, public relations, business, or equivalent work experience, with at least three years in a related field.
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising or sales environment preferred.
- Experience with database platforms, Salesforce or Blackbaud preferred.
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
- Must have superior communications skills, oral and written, ability to converse/communicate effectively with potential or current donors/grantors and executive level staff.
- Must be congenial, outgoing, courteous, and customer-service oriented.
- Proficient in English language usage, correct punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Proficient in basic mathematics skills, particularly arithmetic, and percentages.
- Professional appearance and demeanor, along with ability to act with maturity and prudence.
- Adherence to confidentiality, discretion, and sensitivity in handling privileged donor and financial information.
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail, ability to check work, and ensure accuracy of documentation and record-keeping.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction as well as to work collaboratively with other staff and external partners.
- Regular work attendance.
Competitve salary and full benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Nichole Dingman at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: August 31, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 39,000-45,000
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk