Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Development Assistant will work closely with Chief Advancement Officer and Director of Individual Giving to provide administrative support for corporate and individual donors and assist with key aspects of Cheekwood’s Development department.
- Assists the Chief Advancement Officer with soliciting and stewarding Corporate Friends and Sponsors, including, but not limited to, preparing acknowledgement and thank you letters, ensuring proper name/brand recognition, and fulfillment of benefits including complimentary guest passes and company rentals.
- Assists Director of Individual Giving with fulfillment of donor and celebration giving benefits including, but not limited to, preparing acknowledgment and thank you letters, processing membership cards, ordering plaques and garden benches.
- Supports Development-led cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising events, including, but not limited to, organizing invitations and materials, tracking RSVPs, and managing post-event activities and follow-up.
- Serves as a liaison with internal departments at Cheekwood for Development-related events and initiatives.
- Manages departmental phone line, email inbox and website updates.
- Processes and submits departmental invoices, purchase orders and expense reports, provide budget reconciliation.
- Works closely with the Development and Marketing teams on Annual Fund campaigns, including The Big Payback, Giving Tuesday, End of Year Campaigns, Celebration Giving, and others.
- Attends donor-related events and programs both on-site at Cheekwood and off-site as needed.
- Participates as part of the Development team in a collegial fashion, working in a collaborative environment to ensure attainment of Development goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer and/or Director of Individual Giving.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, including 1 to 2 years of administrative support at a nonprofit organization, or an equivalent organization. This person must possess outstanding project management and organizational skills and keen attention to detail. They should prioritize activities and responsibilities and manage multiple projects and concurrent tasks with the ability to work effectively within established deadlines: possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and the ability to work with diverse internal and external constituents. Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule with the availability to work evenings and weekends as required. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with donor databases and museum environment is a plus. High level of professionalism and discretion a must.
Cheekwood offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance, supplemental Aflac products; 403(b) and ROTH 403(b) retirement savings plans, paid holidays, flexible vacation/sick pay, and the ability to work with a dedicated team in a beautiful environment.
How to Apply
Please send letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources. at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: February 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 03/15/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F 8:30am-5:00pm with occasional evenings & weekends