Project Connect Nashville
Development and Operations Manager
Project Connect Nashville
Project Connect Nashville breaks the poverty cycle through relationships, resources, and education in partnership with the local church.
The Development and Operations Manager works with the Development Director to implement and maintain fundraising campaigns, to cultivate and care for donor relationships, and to organize and track donor records. The Development and Operations Manager also works with the Operations Director to manage and improve organizational and technological systems and to keep the operations of the organization running smoothly. Project Connect Nashville is a multi-site ministry, and this position is a part of the centralized staff that works across all sites.
- Contribute to PCN’s revenue growth efforts by overseeing the areas of monthly giving, mid-level donors, and corporate partnerships/sponsorships
- Identify and develop relationships with new individual donors, foundations, and corporate donors
- Organize and manage PCN’s fundraising event(s), including serving as staff lead for the planning committee, securing sponsorships, and managing table host recruitment
- Plan and promote annual giving days including Big Payback and Giving Tuesday
- Work with the Marketing Manager to ensure that communications and solicitation efforts drive toward giving
- Manage monthly giving program through regular physical mailings, email communication, and establishing and nurturing monthly donor relationships
- Establish an annual fundraising calendar and monitor the progress of tasks throughout the year
- Maintain donor records to ensure that information is accurate with up-to-date gift history, contact details, and other relevant data
- Manage technology and organizational systems (Microsoft, phone system, internet, client management software) and troubleshoot with staff when issues arise.
- Participate in HR functions including recruitment, onboarding, compliance, and PTO tracking.
- Organize and plan staff development opportunities and training events
- Attend PCN monthly staff meetings and departmental meetings
- Participate in ongoing education and training opportunities including seminars with Mission Increase Foundation
- Additional duties, as assigned
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the under-served and in full agreement with PCN’s mission and core values
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly organized and efficient
- Servant heart
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with development preferred
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, and monthly sabbatical days
- Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, and Life
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Ministry-minded and team-oriented workplace
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Zach Bevill at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: June 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; Mon-Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm with very occasional Saturday events or Sunday evenings